Default Nitrous Gurus - 304 EFI wet kits

Hi Guys,

Nitrous newbie here so please go easy on me but I'm looking to get into the nitrous game with the new 1/4 track being built at The Bend.

Engine (Fresh EFI 304):
    * Stock bore/clearances.
    * Flat top pistons
    * 30 thou off the heads.
    * Crow 4503 227/220
    * Edelbrock RPM Air gap dual plane manifold
    * 1050 CFM 4bbl throttle body.

I'm hoping to take advantage of the fact it's a 4150 manifold and use a plate style system so I can remove the system for street use outside of race meets.

Now where i'm stuck is fuel delivery.

I'm running the stock Delco ECU which has the 11P software and dual timing tables so with the flick of a switch I can swap to a my nitrous timing table at the line, so timing control isn't too much of an issue. However I'm not sure about fuel delivery.

With the limitations of the stock ECU it looks like a wet system is going to be the way to go and add the extra fuel/nitrous in at the plate rather than trying to get the limited ECU to handle extra fuel delivery on a nitrous system thats only going to be used at the track.

My question is, what would be the best way to get the extra fuel to the solenoid at the plate on an EFI setup, obviously if I use an adjustable fuel regulator with multiple ports it's going to be sending fuel to the plate at 40 odd psi which won't work. Perhaps a higher flow fuel pump and T piece and have a separate regulator for the nitrous plate to drop it down to 6 or so PSI?

Trying to avoid spending thousands upgrading to a haltech and bigger injectors etc to handle fuel delivery at the ECU to run a dry system.

Looking at starting at a 50hp shot and working my way up to a 100 shot once I get the system down pat, not looking for huge gains but enough to try and keep up with the LS boys.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by someguy360; 14-06-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Find a jetting chart for your kit to suit the higher EFI fuel pressures.

edit: found this on the web as an example but ideally you'd find one to suit your kit/make.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v7xYJYv.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by immortality; 14-06-2022 at 01:40 PM.

I didn't even know jets existed to that kind of pressure etc.

Immortality to the rescue again

Theoretically at that point I'd be able to just run a multi point fuel regulator.

I set up a whole NOS wet kit on my old VN but never got the chance to run it

But I did find a jetting chart to suit the engine/kit type with EFI.

I guess that kit will now end up on the VT at some stage

What sort of fuel rail/plumbing do you have now? In theory, all you need to do is take a fuel feed off your current fuel rail directly to the fuel solenoid on the nitrous kit (via a filter) and let the current FPR do it's job. a 50/100 shot isn't huge, just make sure there is enough fuel pump to supply the extra demand with some spare capacity.
    Last edited by immortality; 14-06-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

What sort of fuel rail/plumbing do you have now? In theory, all you need to do is take a fuel feed off your current fuel rail directly to the fuel solenoid on the nitrous kit (via a filter) and let the current FPR do it's job. a 50/100 shot isn't huge, just make sure there is enough fuel pump to supply the extra demand with some spare capacity.
    At the moment, Standard pump > Standard Reg (with AN adaptor) > Aeroflow billet rail.

So the good thing is I can easily modify that rail with aftermarket bits etc as it's all AN fittings.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a basic Walbro pump for futureproofing regardless so the extra flow rate will help if I need to divert some to the solenoid as I'm skeptical that the stock pump will be safe enough to do that and still have some in reserve.
    Last edited by someguy360; 14-06-2022 at 02:26 PM.

yep it can be done as said with different jetting.

with N20. always start low on timing & sneak up on it. to much timing on N20 and can take out the rings in one pass....
    11 second E85 bottle fed boat anchor

Do you ever leave?

I had a 2 nozzle fogger setup into the throttle body on a VP. Fuel delivery was teed off just before the fuel rail. Unsure if the pump was stock or not.

Thread Information