Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 279
  1. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Got all hoses connected up.
    Trans cooler
    Condenser
    Radiator and
    Electric fans all in.
    Made more brackets in the past 2 days than in last 10 years

    Buttoning it all back up now

    Hinge bent. Had to rebuild it. Ended up welding 3mm plate to two pieces. Still bent. Turns out spring is rooted. So spring removed fir now. Have 3 springs of different tension coming out from US. Bonnet does stay open with one spring but I don’t trust it. Hence the strap in the photo

    Electrics to go on air con

    I am such a novice at sparky stuff. Have to convert alt wiring from 2 wire to 1 wire. Wire in air con incl trinity switch etc. lots to do

    YouTube will be my friend I’m sure

    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/a99f516352e74d248911265f6fc0e80a.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/83bbaaa55273ecda4ce247b627925681.jpg[/IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

    68 Camaro 632 BBC Pro-touring

    Daily driver - 1961 Buick Bubbletop - not much horsepower, but smiles for miles

  2. #212
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
    Got all hoses connected up.
    Trans cooler
    Condenser
    Radiator and
    Electric fans all in.
    Made more brackets in the past 2 days than in last 10 years

    Buttoning it all back up now

    Hinge bent. Had to rebuild it. Ended up welding 3mm plate to two pieces. Still bent. Turns out spring is rooted. So spring removed fir now. Have 3 springs of different tension coming out from US. Bonnet does stay open with one spring but I don’t trust it. Hence the strap in the photo

    Electrics to go on air con

    I am such a novice at sparky stuff. Have to convert alt wiring from 2 wire to 1 wire. Wire in air con incl trinity switch etc. lots to do

    YouTube will be my friend I’m sure

    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/a99f516352e74d248911265f6fc0e80a.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/83bbaaa55273ecda4ce247b627925681.jpg[/IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That serpentine system really neatens it up.

    Good size fan there. What brand rad? Top tank looks neat.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BasicQ View Post
    That serpentine system really neatens it up.

    Good size fan there. What brand rad? Top tank looks neat.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Race radiators with FG falcon single SPAL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

    68 Camaro 632 BBC Pro-touring

    Daily driver - 1961 Buick Bubbletop - not much horsepower, but smiles for miles

  4. #214
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default Are you doing any car projects because of covid and lockdowns?

    Quote Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
    Race radiators with FG falcon single SPAL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks

    Lookin’ real good mate, but those blue and red caps are really intruding on the black theme!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #215
    Do you ever leave? cava454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vic, Melb
    Posts
    3,537

    Default

    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/a0cd1e32ce4332df9c3a89b4d3da293e.jpg[/IMG]
    Maiden voyage. Rain hail or shine, it was getting driven.

  6. #216
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cava454 View Post
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211017/a0cd1e32ce4332df9c3a89b4d3da293e.jpg[/IMG]
    Maiden voyage. Rain hail or shine, it was getting driven.
    That’s the spirit!

    A bit of ‘turn left to go right’ practice never hurt anyone!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #217
    Senior Member LXCHEV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I mentioned a while back the EH had suddenly stopped running (this is my wife's car which runs the VK EFI six).

    I thought it still had spark (could see spark jumping the gap), but I think it must have been a very weak spark. Threw a new coil on that I had on the shelf and problem solved - she's running again! Gotta love an easy, cheap fix. Should have tried that a long time ago.

    Nice to have both toys (Torana and EH) both currently running well.

    In the last couple of months I've embarked on a working bee on both our daily drivers (VS Berlina and VS Exec) - doing a really thorough service and fixing up lots of little things that have been on the "to-do" list for ages. Once all the mechanical fixes are done I plan to get stuck into some detailing. Loving daylight savings - I can clock off from work and actually sneak in a bit of time every day at the moment before being pulled back to the family chores!

  8. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    761

    Default Are you doing any car projects because of covid and lockdowns?

    Quote Originally Posted by LXCHEV View Post
    I mentioned a while back the EH had suddenly stopped running (this is my wife's car which runs the VK EFI six).

    I thought it still had spark (could see spark jumping the gap), but I think it must have been a very weak spark. Threw a new coil on that I had on the shelf and problem solved - she's running again! Gotta love an easy, cheap fix. Should have tried that a long time ago.

    Nice to have both toys (Torana and EH) both currently running well.

    In the last couple of months I've embarked on a working bee on both our daily drivers (VS Berlina and VS Exec) - doing a really thorough service and fixing up lots of little things that have been on the "to-do" list for ages. Once all the mechanical fixes are done I plan to get stuck into some detailing. Loving daylight savings - I can clock off from work and actually sneak in a bit of time every day at the moment before being pulled back to the family chores!
    Happy days glad it was an easy fix

    Talking about no spark I trying firing up the Buick today after 8 weeks off the road. I did replace the rotor and ignition switch and barrel which was not turning properly. I know I put the dizzy in right but that’s irrelevant anyway. No spark. Nada. HEI. But after testing everything except the module that I can test. I think In pulling it and replacing it I’ve lost the contact button on the inside underside of the cap. So rebuild kit on the way. I also found only 4 bolts at the hot ign input wire to the dizzy. It’s worked fine for 10 years but I think I’ll fix that while at it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

    68 Camaro 632 BBC Pro-touring

    Daily driver - 1961 Buick Bubbletop - not much horsepower, but smiles for miles

  9. #219
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LXCHEV View Post
    I mentioned a while back the EH had suddenly stopped running (this is my wife's car which runs the VK EFI six).

    I thought it still had spark (could see spark jumping the gap), but I think it must have been a very weak spark. Threw a new coil on that I had on the shelf and problem solved - she's running again! Gotta love an easy, cheap fix. Should have tried that a long time ago.

    Nice to have both toys (Torana and EH) both currently running well.

    In the last couple of months I've embarked on a working bee on both our daily drivers (VS Berlina and VS Exec) - doing a really thorough service and fixing up lots of little things that have been on the "to-do" list for ages. Once all the mechanical fixes are done I plan to get stuck into some detailing. Loving daylight savings - I can clock off from work and actually sneak in a bit of time every day at the moment before being pulled back to the family chores!
    Gotta love those easy bolt-in magic fixes

    Both cars primed for some summer post lockdown cruising!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #220
    Senior Member LXCHEV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    479

    Default

    And let's not forget the Heathcote or Calder track day Basic!

    Good luck with sorting your issues cluxford, sounds like a pain.

  11. #221
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default Are you doing any car projects because of covid and lockdowns?

    Quote Originally Posted by LXCHEV View Post
    And let's not forget the Heathcote or Calder track day Basic!

    Good luck with sorting your issues cluxford, sounds like a pain.
    Hell yeah!

    And yep, good luck with getting it sorted cluxford. Those invisible electronical problems aren’t always fun easy task!


    Sent from my iPad using Crazytalk

  12. #222
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default Are you doing any car projects because of covid and lockdowns?

    Life becoming mostly normal again here in Vic. Projects are being put into action and becoming doing. 1/8th mile fun last Saturday, swung by a HQ cruise club cruise on the Sunday while up Melbourne way. Yesterday a coffee and cars meet with the local scene.

    Anyone else getting out burning up some BP Ultimate to events and meets? Post up pics if you have!

    Don’t forget any updates or completed projects!

    [img]https://i.ibb.co/yXXrZF2/20211205-103913.jpg[/img]

    [img]https://i.ibb.co/X5DKbVM/E0-BEC274-CF23-4006-BDF8-6-D4-B96-F21-C05.jpg[/img]

    [img]https://i.ibb.co/7YTcSMZ/Screenshot-20211206-195432-dragy.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by BasicQ; 06-12-2021 at 08:19 PM.

  13. #223
    Senior Member LXCHEV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Great to see mate. How'd you go on the 1/8th?

  14. #224
    Part of the furniture BasicQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    819

    Default Are you doing any car projects because of covid and lockdowns?

    Quote Originally Posted by LXCHEV View Post
    Great to see mate. How'd you go on the 1/8th?
    Not too bad. Worst day at the strip beats the best day at work. As noted by the organizers the next day the track could have been better due to having little to no meets in almost two years to lay rubber down and the overcast 17* day didn't help either. Got better when the clouds cleared and got some sun on the track just after a fresh VHT spray.

    Anyway, it was good to practice a burnout routine with the Mickey T S/S as per some videos one of the kind gentlemen on this forum posted on another thread (sorry, forgot who. Edit: looked back and thanks for posting Immortality). 5 seconds in first, hit second, allow car to move forward for another 5 seconds and Bobs your Uncle.

    The two better runs were 7.63et, one 91mph and the other 92.9mph. No tuning done but I did trial x2 carbs this time. The all but 93mph run that had a 1.79sec 60' is encouraging that a lower et is possible. I was also being timid on the start line only stalling to 2000rpm and not mashing it to the floor through fear of sitting still & spinning. Adjustable shocks are already sitting in the cart at a speed supply shop and I reckon they will give improvements for next time.

    All up I'm not a huge fan of the 1/8th but I've warmed to it as a quarter mile understudy. Any time you can pay 70 bucks to give your ride the full b'jesus and legally blow the cobwebs out is a good thing.
    Last edited by BasicQ; 07-12-2021 at 05:37 PM.

  15. #225
    Senior Member LXCHEV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Excellent. As you say - racing and not working is already winning, especially when it's so cheap. I wish I lived close to a track so I could just blow out those cobwebs a lot more often.

    So a 7.63 1/8 equates to a high 11 in the 1/4 right? Now the fun part of trying to drop that 60 foot indeed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. do you want too see pics of projects
    By tim86x in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 08:13 AM
  2. hi all here are my projects
    By swampy049 in forum Welcome posts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-07-2011, 02:27 PM
  3. looking for van projects
    By DreamStalker in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-02-2011, 10:33 PM
  4. Custom Gauges for projects........
    By Designs5150 in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •