Default HZ Chassis Swap QLD

Hey

Might get the opportunity to buy a project HZ which is in the process of having a chassis swap among other things. Not yet certain what the new chassis came off. Is there going to be any issues when it comes time for a roadworthy here in QLD? Would there be any mod plate requirements? Want to know all of the information to make an educated offer on the day. I had a read through Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 for Body and Chassis but it refers to conversions not straight swaps if it happens to be like for like.

Thanks for the help.

Do you ever leave?

hi
    Last time i was involved chassis numbers were never recorded by the RTA . GMH and the RTA never bothered back in the day The only thing u have to worry about is proof of ownership of chassis . In case it gets complicated.
    No mod plate is ever required as its from the same family of vehicles HZ donor into another HZ correct ??? The HZ chassis is a RTS chassis . Fitting an earlier chassis is a step backwards .

Thanks swampy. How far back would proof of ownership have to go? That could be a nightmare to sort out. I could obviously get it from the person I might buy it of but the previous owner to that and so on and so on would be a struggle. Do you reckon if it was clear on something like a revs check that would be sufficient? I’m hopeful it’s a HZ chassis but that’s still to be confirmed. Cheers.
    Last edited by urchy87; 01-08-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Do you ever leave?

hi
    Only replace a HZ chassis with a HZ type . Donot / never fit an earlier chassis to a HZ . Vehicle would be less desirable.
    Just need to fill out a statuary declaration at RTA Eg I am the owner of xxxx of stated address thats **** if your asked to .**** If u have a record of the car being registered to you that will be enough .
    Revs check is only for a prospective buyer to do .
    Are u doing it up to sell ???

Cheers swampy, thanks for your help. I’m looking to purchase it so don’t currently have the car and it’s never been registered with this chassis. The old one was damaged but the swap was never complete so it’s very much a project car. If I get it I’d be finishing it off to keep, would become my new club run/weekend car. I’ll confirm the chassis model before proceeding with anything.

To close this out I think I now have the answer. The transport department ended up getting back to me. They said the police station will need to do a surrogate chassis number. Seems like a simple process. It will make the 2 old chassis numbers null and void though from what I read. Thanks for the help swampy.

Do you ever leave?

hi
    Might be the same as engine numbers .Basically u just apply for it , although there is no process to cancel the old engine number . Really its just a tick the box scenario for the RTA.
    Speak to the boss at the RTA office as the desk jumpers have no idea. When I first rego my Qee I organised with the RTA branch manager
    no rego
    no engine number
    change of state
    no Road worthy

actually never even questioned the factory v8 conversion, auto box, 10 bolt , 4x disc

The RTA has massive holes in there info
    Another previous State change the RTA did not check the chassis number to see if it matched to the ID plates ,where I discovered how poor the records are .
    Holdens when they were around probably could cross check chassis and vin and engine no`s but not anymore since there demise .

You summed that up about right mate.

Thread Information