Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, so I got everything back together (re-adjusted band as well) and took the car for a good run. I had a Win and a loss. The car ran great in drive. Drove around the burbs, then took it on the motorway and back into burbs. Got it nice and hot and in drive the car did not miss a beat. Taking off in drive there was no slippage at all the whole time. Then.......taking off from a set of lights I pulled it back to first and it slipped a bit taking off. Back in drive no slipping and ran good. Every time I pulled it back to first or second it slipped taking off. Checked fluid level multiple times throughout the drive. Reverse was all good. It is really strange that it is doing this and was not doing it previously. I hope this can be rectified without removing the box again.
    Last edited by Embezl; 01-08-2021 at 11:48 AM.

casual poster

stupid question, are you checking level with the engine running in park?

Checked it when hot and both in drive and park. Let it sit for a week and take it for another run on weekend. Double check everything and put a pressure gauge on it.

So, I have been told the most likely cause of the issue might be servo piston related. So I am going to check that out and remove it, looking for cracks and checking the sealing ring and gasket.

Not such a stupid question. Never checked fluid level when I got back home. After car sitting for a couple of days I found a fluid puddle underneath. Removed pan and found kickdown switch plug had pushed in and was leaking. So hoping the loss of fluid caused the issue. Took it for a good drive and ran great.

Thread Information