Do you ever leave?

Default Ordering from Summit recently, how did u go??

HI
    Need some bits that are only USa so, since Ive been ripped a new A Hole last time I imported stuff [not summit ] . Had to pay inspection fees ,duty etc etc about 400-500 $ on Au1200 worth of goods .

Question is this the same for bout 900$Au re above or Summit include a TAx charge assuming this is for GST ,,is that it no xtras ???

Whats your experiences ???

Done 14 Summit orders since August ‘19. No probs except two took a while due to back orders. Most of those orders around $200 -$300 so no experience with $1000 plus orders. Biggest physical order a pair of mufflers and again no probs and from memory arrived in under a week. Not had extra cost surprises. Do the ‘estimate’ cost in the cart page when your parts are there and that will be awfully close to what you will pay but as always take note of the fine print.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you ever leave?

HI
    Only going O/seas because of choice ,not because of cost . The savings are only 10-20% and as a result of this have to be carefull of xtra charges .

YUp the order is only going to be 900Au including freight etc . I suspect Under the ozzy govt threshold [1000?] for xtra charges but still get charged the GST.

For me it’s choice as well. Cost is close to like for like compared to buying in Aus and that includes freight cost from US. Summits inventory is phenomenally bigger than Aus suppliers and even more so to the individual if you have a US car looking for parts.

I have had experiences buying specific parts through oz suppliers only to pay what I would have through Summit. That’s ok but I had to wait several months after payment for their shipping containers to arrive to their premises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you ever leave?

Hi
    So true but remember if u order parts individually its always plus freight and like u said 10--12 weeks . Individual freight items into Ozzy sure adds up time and cost.

Also Summit and Jegs are maximum retail . Often prices can be found cheaper at other US retailers but unfortunately not all at one place. Donnot forget aussie resellers would surely be only paying 50% of aussie retail cost .

Any tips for buying of Summit Jegs etc ??
    Do u often get discount codes ??

Have not used ROK Auto yet but I do see them as an option also..

I went away from Summit due to the extra costs for overseas customers as well as their ever increasing shipping costs. I always kept my orders under about NZ$800 and used the USPS option instead of DHL. DHL and other urgent freight companies are basically tax agents for the respective governments so they will collect tax from you.

Last week I ordered a set of head studs from ZZP, ordered Sunday night (NZ) and arrived at my door Friday afternoon. Not bad considering the US is basically 18 hours behind us.

Don't use Fedex, you will end up spending to people in multiple countries dealing with asbestos declarations, GST etc.

DHL are much better, plus you get an Aussie. USPS has a limit on size & weight, used to be 40lb.

I only use Summit if no other choice. I'm finding other smaller US companies are better and cheaper and just as quick. That said I've never really had a problem with Summit and some of the parts I need are stock 61 Buick stuff which they don't stock
    Chris

68 Camaro 632 BBC Pro-touring

Daily driver - 1961 Buick Bubbletop - not much horsepower, but smiles for miles

Thread Information