Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast

I know the bloke selling the manifold for $19,500. He had 4 ppl offer more after accepting the initial deposit at $19,500.

Itís no joke. They are selling.

Quote Originally Posted by cava454 View Post
    I know the bloke selling the manifold for $19,500. He had 4 ppl offer more after accepting the initial deposit at $19,500.

Itís no joke. They are selling.
    Yes, we canít forget buyers play a huge role in the inflation of prices. Buyers keep prices high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could really do with one of these but I think I will pass.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/ccgGbPw/1-D76-FE7-E-A131-4669-B9-B1-96-E0-D7-BB14-DC.png[/img]

Do you ever leave?

hi
    Im about done with aussie cars for what u get for the money its pathetic .
    Australians are just proving where a bunch of greedy fu..ers .
    For the enthusiast enjoyment lowers when u might break a part and it costs 1000$ up

Yeah when I got hooked on cars as a teenager back in the 90's.... it was more innocent and fun. I still have fond memories of buying the trading post each week and then spending a couple of hours browsing endless pages of bargains - both parts and cars. That was half the fun.

If anyone has 8 minutes of boredom to kill - check out this "Trading Post" inspired video that a mate made for his high school project - be warned it's about 20 years old! He asked me to use my Torana as the feature car at the end - hahaha it's elite level acting here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WluvJQbQ-vI

Quote Originally Posted by LXCHEV View Post
    Yeah when I got hooked on cars as a teenager back in the 90's.... it was more innocent and fun. I still have fond memories of buying the trading post each week and then spending a couple of hours browsing endless pages of bargains - both parts and cars. That was half the fun.
    Yes! done the same. Trading post back to front until the next weeks. Bought my Monaro through the 'ol Tradie.

We were almost a quirky sub culture like skateboarders as kids. But now a whole new breed has entered the scene, the investor.

The culture certainly has changed though with owners of cars like ours. More drive in drive out services to build cars rather than owner builders. But that is largely nobodies fault. It has a lot to do with the sky high build standards these days and what we are doing like the body mods, diff mods, levels of engine power etc. It takes professionals to complete to the standards we accept today. There are a lot of highly skilled guys on this forum but we are mostly around gen-x that has the disposable income to pay for pros to do the work for us.

Very well summed up!

Do you ever leave?

hi
    Yup we might own our cars but professional jobs are huge dollars now .Quality not guaranteed either .....

The basics or core appeal has been lost a little ,if u had dual carbs /4bbl headers and cam that was real good but sadly u need to have an LS turbo/blown efi on E85 now . I donot subscribe to this !

The investors have by default have increased the greedy f...rs . One very well known wrecker use to be a jeweller ...enough said .

Yes the days are long since gone of looking at trading posts and classified for that needed rare part .Some times 6mths chasing the right part ah the joy ...

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    hi
    Im about done with aussie cars for what u get for the money its pathetic .
    Australians are just proving where a bunch of greedy fu..ers .
    For the enthusiast enjoyment lowers when u might break a part and it costs 1000$ up
    Maybe something like this for the coin

[img]https://i.ibb.co/TrzvbXd/Screenshot-20211001-120945-Facebook.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/x8dDbrL/Screenshot-20211001-120856-Facebook.jpg[/img]

Do you ever leave?

hi
    yup close .
    Chevelle which is a sister car to the Qee . I`m in luv with either 70-71 twin headlight or similar Trans am then again a nice ElCamino would do and cheap for a BB p/s a/c car . Also worth considering are the Canadian or Sth American versions ,vehicles cabe a different name outside the usa .

Bought Trading Post every week from teenage years almost up untill they tried to go from paper to online ads which I hated...bought a few slr torries & travelled all over nsw to places never knew or heard of.

Our trick down here was to go newsagent near Bondi Beach for some weird reason would have them on sale at midnight...so we could be first to call & look or buy.

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've visited this forum. Good to see that it's still active. I've definitely been using the Covid lockdown to work on my HQ and have been frustrated at the price of second hand 50 year old parts. Hoping I'm not hi-jacking the thread but I'm wanting to adjust the valve lash on my 355. I'm running a Camtech solid but for the life of me can't find the cam card from when I did it last. Now that they've gone out of business I can't just look up the catalogue online - and I've given Crow a call because they bought some of their grinds and their machines but unless I have the part number they can't help. So, anyone got a Camtech catalogue laying about?
    He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing.

Part of the furniture

The expense also comes down to the fact that people donít want Ferraris anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 355Quey View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've visited this forum. Good to see that it's still active. I've definitely been using the Covid lockdown to work on my HQ and have been frustrated at the price of second hand 50 year old parts. Hoping I'm not hi-jacking the thread but I'm wanting to adjust the valve lash on my 355. I'm running a Camtech solid but for the life of me can't find the cam card from when I did it last. Now that they've gone out of business I can't just look up the catalogue online - and I've given Crow a call because they bought some of their grinds and their machines but unless I have the part number they can't help. So, anyone got a Camtech catalogue laying about?
    Sorry, don't have a catalogue but iirc, most of the Camtech Holden stuff was .018"-.022" lash.
    Set them @ .020" (safe) until you find out for sure.

Thread Information