Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BasicQ View Post
    How much are jousting sticks worth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    About 10% more with Covid Tax but it's still about 50% less than what they were worth at the top of the boom. It seems social distancing has had an impact on medieval get togethers which has softened the demand. I've personally decided to hang on to my jousting sticks in the hope that the market comes back. They should be worth at least as much as that VL.

Quote Originally Posted by hq308 View Post
    About 10% more with Covid Tax but it's still about 50% less than what they were worth at the top of the boom. It seems social distancing has had an impact on medieval get togethers which has softened the demand. I've personally decided to hang on to my jousting sticks in the hope that the market comes back. They should be worth at least as much as that VL.
    Might get on to that guy selling seven eskyís and and the overhead projector. Market might come back with those too when we donít need to worry about social distancing. Working on putting a stop light in a motorbike helmet at the moment and clearing out the paper jam on the printer.

Bonnie Doon is good this time of year. Plenty of carp to be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by JaseQ314 View Post
    More than that last VL you posted.
    I think in that guys last sentence in the add he needs to take the k off the back of the 7 and 10.

I can see why people ask so much for the older stuff.
    I have a friends VK sitting out the front of my house for the past 8 years.
    Bog stock with a little rust in it and only a 6 cylinder.
    I have on average 2 people per month knock on the front door asking if I want to sell it.
    Then there are the notes left in my front door with phone numbers asking me to call them they want to buy the car.

The good old not much is around so people can demand what ever price they want.

Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    I can see why people ask so much for the older stuff.
    I have a friends VK sitting out the front of my house for the past 8 years.
    Bog stock with a little rust in it and only a 6 cylinder.
    I have on average 2 people per month knock on the front door asking if I want to sell it.
    Then there are the notes left in my front door with phone numbers asking me to call them they want to buy the car.

The good old not much is around so people can demand what ever price they want.
    Doesnít he want to sell?

Have those notes ever got as far as talking dollar amount?

Do you ever leave?

Hi all
    ya think my fax machine collection might be worth sumthing then again I might just put`em back in the pool room. LOL LOL
    or
    1x fax machine might be worth more than the 10x Camiras.

Doesn’t he want to sell?

Have those notes ever got as far as talking dollar amount?

Nope he doesn’t want to sell. He will rebuild it when he is ready.

Price has never been spoken about as I just tell everyone it’s not for sale.

I had one bloke abuse the shit out of me because I was ruining a car that he just loved. He said he doesn’t want to buy it he just thought he’d stop and tell me to go to Bunnings and get some rust inhibitor and look after the car.
    I told him it’s not for sale but thanks anyway. The abuse starts flowing from the fella even when he was in his tow truck driving down the road he was still yelling abuse out the window ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    Nope he doesnít want to sell. He will rebuild it when he is ready.

Price has never been spoken about as I just tell everyone itís not for sale.

I had one bloke abuse the shit out of me because I was ruining a car that he just loved. He said he doesnít want to buy it he just thought heíd stop and tell me to go to Bunnings and get some rust inhibitor and look after the car.
    I told him itís not for sale but thanks anyway. The abuse starts flowing from the fella even when he was in his tow truck driving down the road he was still yelling abuse out the window ha ha.
    So there is the potential third knob involved in trading second hand goods.

The potential knob seller, the potential knob buyer and the the knob that doesnít want to to either but still feels itís their duty to tell you what you should be or should have done or be doing with what your selling. They at least need to inform you where your going wrong.

I have a Modified HQ Monaro and at every Geelong all Holden day at least on old bloke will tell me firmly how I have ruined the car.

Anyone want a 1975 HJ GTS 4 door for $80,000?

Apparently genuine GTS but with a sbc (thought Holden stopped fitting them at HQ)

“Car is extremely good condition is a genuine GTS, she is running a small block Chevy with a turbo 400 and 9 inch diff.”

Last line in the add: “Please keep your negative comments to your self if you dont like the price keep scrolling negative comments will be deleted”

[img]https://i.ibb.co/Ry63fT3/D08-AEAC1-F623-4-F6-C-86-E2-B8-EF9-EAE00-AE.png[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/r35LNMy/0-A1621-EF-59-EB-48-FB-836-A-0-EE140581-B38.png[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/t3Gcvcd/F6624675-8-B5-F-4-F02-990-C-DF18-D0-EE2-F17.png[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/pbZ974W/1-B1-BFCB4-FBC2-4-DD8-8-E81-14664465-DFB8.png[/img]

So there is the potential third knob involved in trading second hand goods.

The potential knob seller, the potential knob buyer and the the knob that doesnít want to to either but still feels itís their duty to tell you what you should be or should have done or be doing with what your selling. They at least need to inform you where your going wrong.

I have a Modified HQ Monaro and at every Geelong all Holden day at least on old bloke will tell me firmly how I have ruined the car.

You probably find that these blokes at car shows that comment on how you have ruined your car donít even have a cool classic car and are just plain knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by 46Crab View Post
    You probably find that these blokes at car shows that comment on how you have ruined your car donít even have a cool classic car and are just plain knobs.
    Spot on. They just see the pile of cash in front of them has been reduced with the modifications, as though life is all about lining our pockets rather than enjoy it the way we want to.

Do you ever leave?

Hi
    Nuthing special about the GTS ,looks as if it needs a proper rebuild . Gotta luv those jam em up paint jobs .

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    Hi
    Nuthing special about the GTS ,looks as if it needs a proper rebuild . Gotta luv those jam em up paint jobs .
    Price has dropped from $80k to $60k. Remember the last sentence of the add?

It's a bargain now at sixty grand, somebody snap it up.

You'd think if someone's going to ask well beyond stupid dollars for something, they could at very least give it a wash and maybe tidy up a few things. It's like people who put their supposedly nice modified car in a show with the bonnet up and there are oil leaks from the engine, rusty water marks on the radiator etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JaseQ314 View Post
    It's a bargain now at sixty grand, somebody snap it up.

You'd think if someone's going to ask well beyond stupid dollars for something, they could at very least give it a wash and maybe tidy up a few things. It's like people who put their supposedly nice modified car in a show with the bonnet up and there are oil leaks from the engine, rusty water marks on the radiator etc.
    Could spend a bit of time tidying up interior too.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/wQ8wdhc/75-EE7-EEE-AEE9-4-F5-F-8587-5-EC85-C649432.png[/img]

Thread Information