Do you ever leave?

Default Extractors condition when new . What is acceptable .

Hi all
    Just received mandrel bent headers ceramic coated 4 into 1 . SBchevy
    Whats the acceptable condition new . The coating really high lights defects
    Teeth marks from bending machine. I would have expected these to flap wheeled 120 grit b4 coating .
    I do understand this is a process and marks at the actual bend are going to happen .

Had to purchase from these guys as only maker that did headers for my application. Only Alternate was Defilipo.

What are peoples experiences with there ceramic coated units .?????? Is this lack of care normal ????????????
    Due to the care factor being NONE I would not deal with these people again .

How are Pace makers /Genie/ Defillipo . Is the appearance spotless of these brands .

been here .......too long Smitty2's Avatar

Paccies have obvious grip marks from the bending machine
    .. every set I have ever had

VERY noticeable up close to the head flange

Never late in an AussieV8!
    Club circuit racing...the best fun you can have with your pants on

As Smitty said just about every set I've ever bought had some kind of visible imperfection...I'd want to hit them with a file or die grinder first then add bungs for a/f guage with larger outlet pipe like most of the 304/355 brigade larger before sending them off for coating.

Had black ceramic coated di fillipo's 4-1's on a vy ss ute...yeah they looked nicer quality although pacies just need a few hours work for same result.

Do you ever leave?

Hi
    I`m assuming there are 2 types of marks
    1/ bending die -- no real concern ,on every bend

My concern is
    2/ gripping jaws that actually hold the pipe still so the bending dies can do there job .Similar to pin pricks /perforation marks / shark bite /centre punch marks

Got any photos of these imperfections?

This is why a "nice" set will cost you 2000 dollars instead of expecting it from off the shelf, mass produced pipes for less than half that.

Do you ever leave?

Hi
    Never owned a set b4 so its a whole new world . Im sure a Defillipo set wold be better . Maybe on the next set .
    Although using a die grinder for 15mins to remove said teeth marks and welding spatter would be good trade practice .Almost like they`re using monkies to do this job because any real tradesman would do cleanup prior to coating.

Not even commenting on the collector flange welding narrow wide online offline laughable but I do understand they are mass produced format .
    These particular headers had to be made for me .

Most people seem to buy Pacemaker although they seem to have the same manufacturing issues .
    Hurricane are the only ones that make this set for aircon chevy application .
    Last edited by swampy; 24-10-2020 at 05:39 PM.

I guess you get what you pay for with mass produced items.

Do you ever leave?

Hi
    Never owned a set b4 so its a whole new world . Im sure a Defillipo set wold be better . Maybe on the next set .
    Although using a die grinder for 15mins to remove said teeth marks and welding spatter would be good trade practice .Almost like they`re using monkies to do this job because any real tradesman would do cleanup prior to coating.

Not even commenting on the collector flange welding narrow wide online offline laughable but I do understand they are mass produced format .

Most people seem to buy Pacemaker although they seem to have the same manufacturing issues .

Do you ever leave?

Hi

Function over form? People using pacemakers aren't building show cars and a little welding splatter or marks from the mandrel bending process won't effect performance.

Do you ever leave?

hi
    yup rebuilding engine bay of sorts all repainted , engine /trans , rad support , inner guard , all accessories repaint or new . So for the effort I`m putting in want a good outcome. Just getting peoples impressions it would seem some imperfection is the norm for headers .

If I do headers again i would inspect first in raw metal b4 coating . 15 mins with a 120 flap wheel done .

Proof u can`t train monkeys

Thread Information