Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Shit JaseQ314....are you inside my head right now. Thatís almost exactly how it played out and how I feel. I just want to get the engine here and in the car now. If I have to throw a few more bucks at it in the next few months I will. I think that the bones of the engine are good so I can make changes around that.
    Iíll certainly chat with you all again once itís in and let you know what I think of it. If Iím not happy with it Iíll be leaning on you guys to make these changes.......if youíre still willing to share then.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by EH179 View Post
    An optimist and a dream interpreter! very impressive
    Ha ha, come and see me for all your psychic and life coaching needs . I should have also added "and hope for the best" at the end of the second paragraph.

I'm not optimistic but I really want a good outcome for the OP. He's new to this but probably learning very quickly and maybe the hard way a bit. He's not going to get deliberately ripped off so much as just not get real value for his money like Horaldic said.

Hopefully he gets it in the car and it feels great to him (compared to a tired old stock 308 it may well do) and he's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueVH355 View Post
    Shit JaseQ314....are you inside my head right now. Thatís almost exactly how it played out and how I feel. I just want to get the engine here and in the car now. If I have to throw a few more bucks at it in the next few months I will. I think that the bones of the engine are good so I can make changes around that.
    Iíll certainly chat with you all again once itís in and let you know what I think of it. If Iím not happy with it Iíll be leaning on you guys to make these changes.......if youíre still willing to share then.
    Cheers
    It was fairly easy to pick up on some of it from your last post.

The worst part is you'll end up doing things twice wasting both time and money in a game that's not cheap doing things once, but you'll learn a bit. I'm sure we'll be happy to help you out if we can though, good luck.

Can someone explain this 30/70 cam? Never understood those terms.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Can someone explain this 30/70 cam? Never understood those terms.
    Valve timing for the intake and exhaust open points.
    Intake valve opens @ 30* BTDC @ .020" tappet lift
    Exhaust valve opens @ 70* BBDC @ .020" tappet lift.

Not all cam suppliers have these numbers on the card nor are the lifts they are measured at, and as mentioned earlier, is old school and not easy to compare with other cams.

Cheers.

VH,
    Will add this. Unless I missed it, no mention of your driving experiences with V8 power. If the most powerful V8 car you have driven in was, say, a 308 powered HQ, then a Commodore with a 355 is going to feel like a beast. Lighter car, more cubes. That on it's own will make a huge difference...no matter what cam is in the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by GtoGeoff View Post
    VH,
    Will add this. Unless I missed it, no mention of your driving experiences with V8 power. If the most powerful V8 car you have driven in was, say, a 308 powered HQ, then a Commodore with a 355 is going to feel like a beast. Lighter car, more cubes. That on it's own will make a huge difference...no matter what cam is in the engine.
    Hi GtoGeoff
    Thatís a fair comment. I havenít owned a powerful early model car for a while so I think that Iíll enjoy the power that this mild 355 gives, even if itís only for a while. Iím trying to keep a bit of a lid on my enthusiasm so I donít just spend a S$?t load.

I owned a VH with a 308 and Supra box in the early 90ís that ran 13ís on street tyres and std petrol, this was the inspiration for buying this one.

Is there any updates on how this ended up?

I'm still curious to hear how this turned out, is there any word OP?

Hi JaseQ314
    The engine is in the car and running. I have had the Quaddie set up for the engine and itís running really well. I have changed the diff from a 3:08 10 bolt to a Borg Warner with trutrac centre and 3:45 gears. Iím going to have it dyno tuned in the next couple of weeks so will have some numbers to share with you guys. Aka in all Iím really happy with the set up

Glad you're happy with it, look forward to hearing how it goes on the dyno.

Thread Information