Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Holley HP EFI

if your new to playing efi - cant stress enough about "after sales service" being very high on the priority list..look for a system that you know you can get on a phone with someone who KNOWS everything about it. Some tuning issues can really come out of left field and without good backup you can spend and eternity tracing faults... Personally I find Haltech great in this regard - even on 20+ year old ECU's that they dont even make anymore - they are happy to work through issues with you.
    "life is about a bag of luck and a bag of experience..the trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck!!"

^^ agree with that comment Haltech blokes were even helpful to me as a young bloke when doing my first efi delco conversion with free advice & discounted parts.

For that happily recommended them to mates wanting an aftermarket ecu but more importantly their products & service keeps improving.

I looked at the Haltechs but their base model Elite series ECU (batch fire on a V8 only) was more than the Megasquirt MS3X I ended up buying. The 2500 series Haltech was $2600 for the ECU only and had the same features as this $850 MS so I couldnt justify it even though I'd like to support an Australian company.

Hal tech just released a new ECU today specifically as an entry level V8 model. Elite 950, has 8 injector channels so no problem with sequential and has 4 ignition channels so you can do a wasted spark set up if you want. Base ECU is just under $1500.

https://youtu.be/hGuAneUd2_4

casual poster

Quote Originally Posted by hq308 View Post
    Hal tech just released a new ECU today specifically as an entry level V8 model. Elite 950, has 8 injector channels so no problem with sequential and has 4 ignition channels so you can do a wasted spark set up if you want. Base ECU is just under $1500.

https://youtu.be/hGuAneUd2_4
    Just had a quick look. I think this is a winner from Haltech. Its about $1850 with a premium harness which i think is pretty good. I think it shows they know their market. I will definitely look into this further in the coming weeks. Maybe not quite as many features as the Holley HP Efi but its cheaper and an Aussie brand which is a big plus for me. Like 355lux said earlier great customer support is also a massive plus and there are a number of good tuners available in Melbourne for the finishing touches if required.

Yeah looks like a good unit for a V8, I'd look at that over a Holley HP for sure... Especially if you wanted or already had peak and hold low-impedance injectors.
    Last edited by paulzig; 20-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.

IMO look at what your trying to do and look for the features that support that and go with a tuner that you trust and ask them what you should be running.

In my research that i have done and experienced it has been on the Link ECU (ej20 turbo) that was an old possum link.

Not to be a Nancy but i want to be able to setup traction control ,boost control,cruise control,and run Fly by wire throttle body,engine protection parameters,data logging etc all in the one unit.

Run a small programmable display that i can incorporate multiple gauges in one display to neaten up further.

So ill be chasing a fairly high end unit bang for buck its hard to go past the ms system but finding someone in OZ to tune it is going to be near on impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Rag View Post
    IMO look at what your trying to do and look for the features that support that and go with a tuner that you trust and ask them what you should be running.

In my research that i have done and experienced it has been on the Link ECU (ej20 turbo) that was an old possum link.

Not to be a Nancy but i want to be able to setup traction control ,boost control,cruise control,and run Fly by wire throttle body,engine protection parameters,data logging etc all in the one unit.

Run a small programmable display that i can incorporate multiple gauges in one display to neaten up further.

So ill be chasing a fairly high end unit bang for buck its hard to go past the ms system but finding someone in OZ to tune it is going to be near on impossible.
    The MS doesnt support DBW, and frankly outside of an OEM setting with redundancy and failsafes built in I'd be scared to use it LOL ... Probably not because its impossible for MS to do, but the legal risks probably outweigh the increase in marketability.

As far as tuning goes, it does have the VE analyze auto tune deal and all you are really doing is adding/removing fuel and spark no different to a carburetor so if someone can tune with HPtuners, Haltech, Motec etc then this system is no different.

Thread Information