Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holley HP EFI

The delco can be modded to run in real time. Itís more then up to the task. But changing to a haltec etc helps broaden the choice of tuners.

A few mates have used the platinum sports or the gm sports from memory with great results. They also have a tonne of features. Think they were plug and play in their VNís for $1500 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by cava454 View Post
    The delco can be modded to run in real time. It’s more then up to the task. But changing to a haltec etc helps broaden the choice of tuners.

A few mates have used the platinum sports or the gm sports from memory with great results. They also have a tonne of features. Think they were plug and play in their VN’s for $1500 ish.
    The online shop/website doesnt show platinum series for haltech, maybe they are obsolete and they are only selling the elite series now?

Default Holley HP EFI

Quote Originally Posted by paulzig View Post
    The online shop/website doesnt show platinum series for haltech, maybe they are obsolete and they are only selling the elite series now?
    Platinum GM sport.
    http://www.haltech.com/product/sport-gm/

Yeah, works now came up with a site error when I tried it before...

casual poster

I think Haltech are great. And they do have a self learn feature as well which looks good. I would need a loom as well as i am planning to sell my existing set up with ecu, loom, intake etc as a package. Cost wise i think they are on par with Holley HP EFI and then as soon as you go to the Elite 2000 i think it is they become more expensive than Holley.

I am liking the discussion though. It would be good to get an engine combo of someone using the Holley system and some feedback of how easy it was to wire in and set up and also how reactive the self learn is when parts are changed (ie, different cam or intake, adding boost, change of fuel etc.)

The haltec is like $1500 and itís plug and play with a factory loom.

casual poster

Quote Originally Posted by cava454 View Post
    The haltec is like $1500 and it’s plug and play with a factory loom.
    Yep i got that. But i would need a new loom as well. And then you would need to by a wideband and a few other sensors not doubt to go with it. I think for the self learning there is an additional wideband box that is required as well (it is for the elite series anyway) and that's another few hundred. would still cost $2k at minimum and at the end of the day is still batch fire. For the extra $500 it would be sequential and get a few extra features with the Holley.

On the other hand, if you could pick one up for a good price second hand you have a very capable system that is made for the holden V8 motor at a similar price to the MS3.

Just keep the loom you have. Or buy another for $100.

Imo Iíd be getting and engine properly tuned and dialed in and not just relying on a ďselfĒ tune feature.

You donít NEED a wide band and other sensors and if you do your going to have to buy them regardless of the ecu.

You need additional gear to run the sequential. Itís not just buy an ecu capable and viola itís done. The gm sport supports sequential also.

Food for thought

Had a look at the wiring pinout for the Haltech Platinum GM Sport, and can only see 2 wires for injector control, where is the sequential?

Had a look at the wiring pinout for the Haltech Platinum GM Sport, and can only see 2 wires for injector control, where is the sequential?
    Ahh yep my bad. Iím thinking the Elite. Carry on lol

Had a look at the tunerstudio software for the megasquirt stuff, you can do a dual table so 0-100KPA for aspirated mode and then (depending on your MAP sensor) 100-400KPA for your boosted if you want more than 16x16 resolution..

casual poster

Throttle body injection you may as well just run a carb they still wet the whole inlet manifold like a carby the only plus is they are a little easier to get a fuel curve than a carb .self learning is a really a gimmick it's pretty much like getting an eBay chip for a delco 808 and letting the o2 sensor slowly correct bad fueling .and you still have to tune a timing curve yourself.lot of bad stories of the fitech etc from the joe blow public just expecting bolt on greatness and racing reviews from the people who have all the help in the world from the tech department due to knowing people

casual poster

Had a look at the tunerstudio software for the megasquirt stuff, you can do a dual table so 0-100KPA for aspirated mode and then (depending on your MAP sensor) 100-400KPA for your boosted if you want more than 16x16 resolution..
    That's interesting to know. So if your going to run boost then you will have a 32x16 map which is pretty good i suppose for cheap sequential ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    Throttle body injection you may as well just run a carb they still wet the whole inlet manifold like a carby the only plus is they are a little easier to get a fuel curve than a carb .self learning is a really a gimmick it's pretty much like getting an eBay chip for a delco 808 and letting the o2 sensor slowly correct bad fueling .and you still have to tune a timing curve yourself.lot of bad stories of the fitech etc from the joe blow public just expecting bolt on greatness and racing reviews from the people who have all the help in the world from the tech department due to knowing people
    Yep I know where your coming from with regards to TBI, I still think they are better than a carby but also agree that there is most likely more to it than bolting it on and going for a drive. I could be wrong though as i have never used one. I know your a big advocate for the delco (i have a turnable delco in my shed from delcohacking) but if you were looking for sequential injection on a holden v8 what ecu would you recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Toohey86 View Post
    That's interesting to know. So if your going to run boost then you will have a 32x16 map which is pretty good i suppose for cheap sequential ecu.

Yes, but even then a 16x16 MAP on these things will still interpolate so if you put in 6000RPM = 90 and then 7000 = 100 the values in between for 6100,6200.... etc will change to 91,92 etc I noticed on the Holley V4 software you click a box to make it 16x16...

casual poster

Why the need for sequential are you trying to pass emissions or run lpg injection or something.also you have go watch what kind of inlet manifold you use with the bolt on tbi units they don't like dual plane manifolds at all they run like a bag of shot for some reason

Thread Information