Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I’ve been running a Fitech 4 barrel unit on mine for about 2 years and pretty happy with it for what they cost. They tend to get better as they “learn”.

A good source of Fitech info is the “Fitech Owners Group” on Facebook

casual poster

Update on the EFI.

The Fitech unit never did come right - appears to have been a faulty unit. I got fed up struggling to get it to run right and ended up just replacing it for the Holley Sniper 2300 Two barrel unit. Worked straight out of the box and has not missed a beat since I fitted it. Drove the car to UK over Easter this year and it was giving me just short of 25 mpg - around town with mixed driving it is averaging about 20 - 21 mpg. Once my new garage is in place I will be fitting a few speed goodies so it will interesting to see how it performs then.

I think the Fitech could have been good - if it had worked properly - but extremely happy now with the Holley unit.

casual poster

The Ute has a column shift and I like it. But Fitting bucket seats from a Porsche Cayenne after the bench (which I really liked) collapsed due to rust in the frame and was not repairable and unfortunately a replacement bench seat shipped from OZ was more than I paid for the Ute - left me needing an alternative creative thinking solution - enter Porsche Cayenne seats . Then when I added the centre console I had a dilema - do I fit the new T-Bar shifter unit I have or leave the centre console looking like it doesn't belong with no T-Bar in it? I decided as there is no cup holder I would change the centre console insert and add a cup holder. Then I thought might be nice to have a hands free unit that doesnt fill up the space under the gauges in the dash?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NMzT5WS.jpg[/img]

I designed an insert for the centre console, and from there started designing my Micro Stereo Hands Free unit. I have now finished my A model of a micro stereo, MP3 player, hands free phone and FM tuner for the Ute. It also has security warning lights built into the panel which illuminate 15 seconds after the key is turned off. It can be used to earth the coil -ve or tacho feed, thereby acting as an immobiliser. I was going to connect the blue lights through the central locking but made the rookie mistake of not checking the output from the central locking unit. The central locking unit only gives a pulsed 3v dc signal when on - my blue security lights in the console are 12v dc flashing LEDs. so, the two aren’t compatible. DOH!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/81W54VY.png[/img]

I will be making some other versions - different finish on the centre panel and try out other electronics and different cup holders - things to do in a lockdown EmojiEmoji Emoji

I am having some air vents for the Holden GTS and Premier model dashes reproduced and hopefully the finished product will be of OEM quality. I know that these are hard to locate in OZ these days - as my attempts at getting good quality second hand ones has proved they are becoming scarce and the condition is not improving. I have had no luck finding new ones either.[IMG]https://imgur.com/81W54VY[/IMG]
    Last edited by dubvalman; 07-10-2020 at 03:33 AM. Reason: typos

Thread Information