Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    casual poster

Default Rob Zahabiís 1970 Chevrolet Nova

[IMG]http://freestylerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/nova2landscape1.jpg[/IMG]
    This brutal-looking, House Of Kolor Jet Black 1970 Nova is the latest blockbuster from the workshop of Rides by Kam, that was unveiled at this years Meguiar’s MotorEx in July down in Melbourne. At MotorEx 2010, KAM proprietor, Robert Zahabi blew everyone away with his ballsy yellow Camaro – which went onto achieve SEMA Top 15. And the KAM NOVA has been built with similar goals in mind.

[IMG]http://freestylerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/bb7.jpg[/IMG]

After the massive 22-inch rear rolling stock and the low, low stance thanks to the Ridetech airbags, the most in-your-face aspect of the Nova is its twin F2 Prochargers hanging off the 572-cube big-block. These billet beauties are symmetrical and were custom made for this car. “It hasn’t been dyno’d,” says Rob, “however it made 800 without the blowers. So we’re expecting somewhere around 1200-plus.” A lot of trouble went into ensuring symmetry throughout the Nova – even the PWR radiator sports symmetrically-positioned twin fillers and overflows. Another novel feature is the monstrous Brembo brake package inside the painted billet wheels. Brembo themselves custom engineered this kit which includes 400mm front rotors and six-piston calipers.

[IMG]http://freestylerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BB2.jpg[/IMG]

A lot of engineering went into this car to make everything work in harmony, there’s also a host of body mods. “There’s not one part of this car that hasn’t been customised,” says Rob, “and it’s all done in steel.” All the moulds have been deleted, with metal added in to smooth off those areas. There’s a custom front spoiler and the Nova has received an 80mm sill drop that runs seamlessly across to the beefed up chassis. Less noticeable is the raised floor to clear the cavernous four-inch exhaust, with nothing hanging down. The underside has been smoothed, without a fluid hose in sight – they all run through the chassis. There’s not a single piece of polish on this car and that theme is carried through to the interior. Every aluminium strip, vent, knob, handle – even the column was either painted or anodized black. All of which gives the KAM Nova a brutal-sinister appearance.

To see the full feature by FreeStyle Rides click Kam Nova | Freestyle Rides
    Last edited by Meguiars_MotorEx; 10-11-2014 at 10:22 AM.

His shop is on the same street as our business, seen it come out of the trailer the other day, looks nice but its a mega dollar car ... Elite level car for sure, but its something the average Joe Blo cant really relate to, I wish we had a return to the old Performance Street Car magazine, where cars in magazines were something that wasnt out of reach for the average dude ..

Still, nice car, the pink interior does nothing for me personally though ..

well said paul. I would love to see performance street car magazine again was a killer read with kick ass cars

Im more impressed by some dude that made a VH commodore run mid 11s with a 308 HQ headed engine that he built himself in the garage .. Sure the paint may have chips and peel in it, but it cost 10 grand all up ...

Not taking anything away from KAM's they do great work but average Joe cant relate to it, nor really aspire to it, sure we can get ideas from it and incoporate some into our own vehicles on a smaller/cheaper scale but thats as far as it goes .....

I'm with you guys, I've stopped buying the mags as every time I read them a just get do heartened!! I've spent nearly $45k on my HQ and that doesn't get me near most of the cars they have as features!

Look at the size of that brake pedal

RIP Dimebag Darrel '66-04 PANTERA's Avatar

Yeah big dollar car that is out of reach to a lot of us. Twin symmetrical F2's is pretty cool though \m/ I'd be stoked with one F2 hangin off the side of my 509 ha ha ha ha. I'll just have to settle for an el cheapo 8/71 if I go blown :-p
    LIFE STARTS AT 500 CUBIC INCHES \m/

I dont know if its mod-plated or regoed?? ... I should think not, but its not a drag car. Is it destined for a trailer just to be carted to shows and collect trophies?? Shame not to use all that power the way its meant to be...

panel and paint was done by this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stree...053587?fref=ts

his name is Corey Phie and he is bloody spectacular at what he does.

he is also responsible for the 427RR Falcon.

wish I had the coin to get paintwork by him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

67 SS Camaro

RIP Dimebag Darrel '66-04 PANTERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulzig View Post
    I dont know if its mod-plated or regoed?? ... I should think not, but its not a drag car. Is it destined for a trailer just to be carted to shows and collect trophies?? Shame not to use all that power the way its meant to be...
    I'm hearin ya, fark she pump a stout powerskid with all that HP plus the handling to keep it straight \m/
    LIFE STARTS AT 500 CUBIC INCHES \m/

casual poster

Awesome car but i really do not feel anything for show cars.
    Whats the point if it can't be registered and is too pretty to race? I love my cars with their dents and all. Drive or park anywhere, scare hybrids, have fun.

Not saying I wouldn't loooove to own this thing but I'd have to get numberplates on it somehow

casual poster

Huge unrelated noob question, but he says it hasn't been dyno'd.... How do you tune a crazy forced induction combo like this without a dyno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the furniture shamizzle's Avatar

Run sensors and log the data. Tune from the data. sees real world conditions rather than attempting to recreate them at a dyno and doing it on the fly.

Is the interior pink or is my computer ****ed?

Part of the furniture shamizzle's Avatar

Lol!!!! It's pink alright. Not the colour I would've chosen......

Thread Information