Default Those dam burnouts

I tell you what went to the all American day at lakeside today what a great day same as the all Australian days , I totally enjoy them as does my son, what a great use of the old race venue. But come on guys give us a break we get pulled up on the streets for doing skids and I suppose rightfully so, but today guys were getting kicked off the track for slowing down and doing a skid not a static but a power skid , now in the past I hadn't thought that was the case , now if we can't go out to these days and express our selfs on these days in properly controlled and safe invironment where can we go. Come on guys ease up a little lets not ruin a great thing for this is what makes it a great day .
    Cheers

TO MANY RULES AND NOT ENOUGH PLACES?,,,,,,

I totally agree what they did today was PITYFUL, I think there excuse is it damages the track
    I agree that static can damage, but not power
    1. Life is like a penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free ...
      . .. It's women who make it hard !!

next it'll be speed zones on the track

I still think it's the golf club causing the issues
    1. Life is like a penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free ...
      . .. It's women who make it hard !!

I can see where you're coming from
    I'll probably get shot down for this

but there's another side too.
    I go to the all Aussie day and love to drive to drive the circuit fast. I get on a circuit and want to attack those corners at speed and then pull out on the straight and pedal to the metal. But at these sessions I end up being blocked up on corners and straights by people either slowing down dramatically into a corner (lining up side by side blocking the entire corner) to group for a drag race down the straight or they slow down in the middle of the straight for a skid. It can be downright dangerous with some drivers on one hand wanting to drive fast around a circuit (including and in particular around the corners) and then you have cars that want to slow almost stop at various places around the track to drag race each other or lay a skid. I've seen quite a few near misses where people had to swerve at fairly high speeds to avoid cars stomping on the brakes and/or swerving all over the track doing burnouts.

As said I understand that people want to do burnouts and drag race, but then there's people like myself who love to take on the corners and drive fast (within the posted limits if applicable) around the entire circuit. Maybe the organisers are concerned about the safety of cars stopping/slowing and sliding down the track whilst other cars are tearing past at 100+kph ?

So what's the solution ?
    I reckon they should do 2 different lap sessions. One for the people who want have a bit of fun power-skidding, drag racing down the straight and another session for those who want to do laps (where stopping, slowing, burnouts etc is not permitted). That way everyone gets a fair go, and it's a lot safer
    Last edited by ynot8; 08-07-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    you can't put a price on FUN

Hey look theres no reason for anyone to be shot down, we all have different interests or ideas of what our cars should be used for or look like, Im more into the drags but that doesn't make me
    feel any different about what happened out there on the weekend . I feel we can all get what we want out of what is a great day, and yes statics do ruin the track , but from what I could see know one was
    doing any ,the cars that were pinned were simply doing power skids and not as long as I've seen at powercruise by far.And yes I think separating certain groups on the day could be a great idea, at the end of the day
    we want our cars coming home straight and intact as well as ourselves and occupants . Cheers.

Thread Information