Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Case84 View Post
    Looks good mate so shiny
    Yeah pretty clear. Got a few bugs catching a free ride too but hopefully I can buff them out

Do you ever leave?

In case you didn't know,,,install all the stuff in the doors BEFORE going to the trouble of setting the door gaps.

Banned

This is so cool, I've just spent all afternoon reading every post in this thread from beginning to end....
    I'm excited to see where it goes from here

Quote Originally Posted by nathanrcfell View Post
    This is so cool, I've just spent all afternoon reading every post in this thread from beginning to end....
    I'm excited to see where it goes from here
    Wow Nathan, thanks for being so interested. There are plenty of threads on here that are all well worth reading. I am excited to see where this goes too. It’s been going long enough. I am pretty sure my family is over it though. Haha
    Cheers

Awesome effort mate, just flicked through most of this thread. Can definitely appreciate how time consuming rust repairs are when you have to make your own sections. I just sunk 30 hours on 1 door

any updates on your car scotty?

Quote Originally Posted by RST BKT View Post
    any updates on your car scotty?
    Yeah nah. Hahaha. Haven’t had much time lately. I tried to reinstall the roof lining last weekend but it had deteriorated where it folds around the rear window so there was no material to fold over. So that’s at an upholstery guy to give me a price. $185 from Aussie so we will see.
    Still need to finish painting nose cone bonnet and boot lid. I have just brought a new battery tray , so I can now finish my wiring in the engine bay.
    I need a new headlight so I might change to halogens. They seem a cheap option for more light than standard.

But it all comes down to time. That elusive time.

Haha

Just boshed through this thread in a day at work sorry boss!

The level of detail in this thread for a beginner with with a lot of good common sense is incredible.

Brb, about to go drop $8k on a HQ rust bucket and Scotty can be my right hand man!

Keep it up Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by StatoJez View Post
    Just boshed through this thread in a day at work sorry boss!

The level of detail in this thread for a beginner with with a lot of good common sense is incredible.

Brb, about to go drop $8k on a HQ rust bucket and Scotty can be my right hand man!

Keep it up Scotty!
    Wow. Thanks very much for that. Glad you have enjoyed my experience and yeah if you need any advise in a build you have come to the right place. Everyone on here is out to help in any way they can. Make sure you start a build thread so we can all follow.

After buying a HQ statesman that had been rusting away in a paddock and seeing how much rust was in her, and with the rego being dead I was nearly ready to part it out, I only really bought it for the grill as it is an export Statesman with the chev grill which is what my current project is but has the standard front, After looking through you're build and seeing the amount of rust and then the finished repairs that you done from home, I've decided to save the old girl and give her to the the kids for a project. Is going to take a while but one day she will hit the streets again.
    So you have in effect saved 2 old holdens now.
    IMG_20170909_155452 - Copy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by waynenz View Post
    After buying a HQ statesman that had been rusting away in a paddock and seeing how much rust was in her, and with the rego being dead I was nearly ready to part it out, I only really bought it for the grill as it is an export Statesman with the chev grill which is what my current project is but has the standard front, After looking through you're build and seeing the amount of rust and then the finished repairs that you done from home, I've decided to save the old girl and give her to the the kids for a project. Is going to take a while but one day she will hit the streets again.
    So you have in effect saved 2 old holdens now.
    IMG_20170909_155452 - Copy.jpg
    Holy cow. What have I created. Hahahahaha. Where about a are you Wayne? I think after all these years I might set a goal to have it completed by. Next years Beach Hop. So that gives me exactly 1 year. Haha.

Well itís been a while since I looked at the old girl. Been away and also couldnít be arsed. Haha.
    So he is where I am at.
    Going to get someone to paint the bootlid, nosecone and bonnet just so they get finished. I managed to get another bonnet, so I need to strip that. I am going to use paint stripper so I donít stuff up another one.
    I have a guy making a new roof lining so hopefully thatís ready to collect this week. Then I can get that installed as well as the front and rear screens.

This weekend I tried to get to motor running. I am a bit stuck with hosing of the heater. There are 2 ports coming out of the thermostat housing, an in and out on the manifold, the two in the heater core and then one on top of the water pump. So I have run one from the water pump to the heater and then one from the top port on the thermostat housing going in and out of the manifold and then into the heater core. Problem is I have a spare port on the thermostat housing with nowhere to go. What have I done wrong?
    I have blocked it off for now until you guys tell me what I have wrong. Haha

I brought a nice new battery and started to crank, and crank, and crank. I have spark but had no gas, so poured some down the carb. Still nothing. I turned the dizzy a bit and still nothing. Then thought I should check my TDC and timing. I took the valve cover off and turned it over to see the rockers moving. Pretty sure I have them in the right phase as the piston is at the top and the timing notch on the balancer is at the right spot. So I think timing is all roughly there.

Now. While turning over and no rocker cover, I noticed I didnít have any oil coming out of the rocker arms from push rods. So why is that? Doing so reading I might have to prime the oil pump. Do I have an seconder on that?

My fuel problem is the pump. I think the diaphragm has gone all hard so the lever working on the cam does nothing to the suction effect.

I also have this shit Chrysler electronic ignition that I want to swap for a Holden electronic dizzy, just to clean things up.

So I have to do some shopping.
    1x dizzy
    1x fuel pump
    1x oil pressure gauge (donít trust a light haha)
    1x timing light.

Ones I have all that I will have another crack at it. Any help with above issues is greatly appreciated.

Cheers for ready guys. I have noticed I have cracked the 100k readers mark. Woohoo

Pretty sure one hose is a bypass from pump to manifold, one hose hot manifold to heater, one cold hose heater to pump.
    Now as far as the 2 outlets on the thermostat housing and also on the manifold are concern: they are all basically the same place. Some models have 2 in the housing, some one in the housing & one in the manifold, and the efi models have 2 in the manifold.
    Maybe your match of housing and manifold has given you 3 ports, so you just need to pick one and block it off. Use the other 2.

Don't think there was one for manifold warming or anything. (I think some 202's had these)

Hi all. As usual havenít done much lately. Recently been trying to get the old girl going again. Finding issue after issue and progressing slowly.
    My most recent issue is stripping the ignition sector gear on the ignition barrel.

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p673/scottvnz/4E18E97B-7441-4CA1-B803-9295B6E60571_zpsib8wtzcg.jpg[/IMG]

So off to work tomorrow to start making a new one and lunchtime unless I can get one from a wrecker.
    Still havenít had it running. Nearly had it yesterday but only will holding the key in the start position. As soon as you release the key it would stop. Finally worked out the the coil didnít have continuous 12v.not sure where the wire has gone though. So I ran a wire just to try it but then stripped the gear on the ignition.

So I carry on. Bit by bit when I get time.

After an hour and a half of turning, hacksawing and filing, this is the final outcome for the ignition sector gear. Stay tuned to see if it works.

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p673/scottvnz/BDE8AB27-E045-440B-B7E9-B214851C8DDC_zpsumrcg3tn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p673/scottvnz/2AE2631A-7096-454B-A593-5B31EEC4296A_zpssnwicgfw.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p673/scottvnz/3DCD85F1-ECB8-47BA-A5EB-5BB6BCD90463_zpsxpn2ak1i.jpg[/IMG]

The driving dog is not quite the same shape as the barrel hole but that’s too hard to file.

Thread Information