Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 229
  1. #151
    Do you ever leave? HQ308Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    It's actually the people who don't vote..
    In a democratic society a party wins in the centre, if you don't vote then the only people that bother voting are the people on the extremes of left and right, therefore you get politicians pandering to those extremes.. see all those loonies on the net.. theyre voting don't you worry.

  2. #152
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Raceview, qld, 4305
    Posts
    124

    Default

    I read many years ago and it was in England that if you wanted to make a radical out of a liberal hit him over the head with a policeman's truncheon. I don't agree with any violence as it is always the innocent who get hurt.
    I have always said that I will volunteer for the next conflict, the person ahead of me will be the current prime minister. I think I might be safe for a while.
    I don't agree with our policy of following the USA every time they decide to remove some supposed despot to give the people their freedom. Hundreds of thousands of people have been killed to allow this to happen. Oil, who mentioned that they have oil. I gave Trump the thumbs up over his decision to create dialogue with North Korea rather than flatten the place as they have done elsewhere. Also his decision to withdraw troops from Syria. No sooner does he do this he now wants to attack Venezuela. Nothing to do with their vast quantity of oil.
    I am not making excuses for acts of terror but perhaps you might be a wee bit annoyed if you came home from work one night and found your house flattened by a bomb and all of your family dead. Has anyone seen a picture of Beirut? These people will never have a normal life again. No wonder they want to flee to somewhere safe.

  3. #153
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GtoGeoff View Post
    Wow, Mickey, two Muslim leaders have spoken out....

    And how many muslim terrorist attacks have their been? I think it is more than two......

    Heard of the Cronulla riots?

    The Christian/Judeo faiths, the Jews, Methodists, Catholics, Anglicans all get a long & accept each others religions because they basically have the same 'God'.

    Muslims regard anybody who is not a muslim as an infidel. That is always going to be a problem, with lots of people in cemeteries to prove it. The vast majority are good people who get on with life & don't worry about it. It is the radicals that are causing the problem.

    Look at the number of muslims that are on ASIOs watch list. How many Catholics or Baptists are on the list? How many have been arrested for plotting terrorist attacks? None I would venture.

    Keep sticking your head in the sand Mickey & make an Ostrich sound...


    Keith,
    Thank you for your measured response.
    Its a pity you don't have a "measured response", most of what you say here is your opinion backed up by your prejudices, ignorant garbage, there are people of all types on the governments watch lists, all your posts say is that you have no idea and everything you say is based on your one eyed beliefs, I prefer to read and base my knowledge on facts, you are part of the problem mate, a simple search will show you the responses to extremist behaviour, your complete misunderstanding of a religion based on ignorance says more than anything here mate... The sand is purely your domain , I have a huge interest in politics, it does my head in but I'd rather be informed than just dredge up rubbish opinions. I gather from your limited views that you get most of your "news" from Murdoch's press, simply laughable, there's no getting through to people like you..... Oh and for your information it wasn't two Muslim leaders, it was Muslim leaders from all over Australia, once again you make up rubbish , all through this thread you said there have been NO RESPONSES from Muslim leaders, you simply lied.....

  4. #154
    Not the Kingswood! hq308's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Riff
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey juice View Post
    Its a pity you don't have a "measured response", most of what you say here is your opinion backed up by your prejudices, ignorant garbage, there are people of all types on the governments watch lists, all your posts say is that you have no idea and everything you say is based on your one eyed beliefs, I prefer to read and base my knowledge on facts, you are part of the problem mate, a simple search will show you the responses to extremist behaviour, your complete misunderstanding of a religion based on ignorance says more than anything here mate... The sand is purely your domain , I have a huge interest in politics, it does my head in but I'd rather be informed than just dredge up rubbish opinions. I gather from your limited views that you get most of your "news" from Murdoch's press, simply laughable, there's no getting through to people like you..... Oh and for your information it wasn't two Muslim leaders, it was Muslim leaders from all over Australia, once again you make up rubbish , all through this thread you said there have been NO RESPONSES from Muslim leaders, you simply lied.....
    Pot meet Kettle, while the other bloke is getting his information from "Murdoch's Press" it seems you're getting yours from the ABC. I don't have a dog in this fight but you seem to lean as far to the left as you accuse the other bloke of leaning to the right. You both claim to know the "facts" when the reality is none of us truly know the "facts". Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it factual. Even if you read it at numerous sites, it could all be coming (incorrectly) from the same source.

  5. #155
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Raceview, qld, 4305
    Posts
    124

    Default

    The NZ Government are going to hold a royal commission into the massacre. They have appointed a retired judge to head the investigation that will report back in December. Things like how he was able to obtain a licence and who he had links to. Surprised they are looking into how he was able to obtain a licence seeing as he was an unknown.

  6. #156
    Do you ever leave? paulzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    15,968

    Default

    Speaking out and condemning radical, extremist behaviour isnt enough... Mostly the condemnation comes AFTER the attacks, when the death toll is high... Where are the people saying this extremist is preaching hate, this one is out there yelling out for blacks and jews to be killed, why not go to the cops if some wanker is yelling out for Jihad, or some other holy mission...

  7. #157
    Do you ever leave? immortality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keith reed View Post
    The NZ Government are going to hold a royal commission into the massacre. They have appointed a retired judge to head the investigation that will report back in December. Things like how he was able to obtain a licence and who he had links to. Surprised they are looking into how he was able to obtain a licence seeing as he was an unknown.
    I'd like to know how he got a license too, part of the process requires 2 persons who are interviewed for the good character test which they generally prefer someone well known to you but he had no one locally as I understand it as they must be NZ based and his original character references where family not in NZ.

    This part of the Royal Commission probably also goes to the 2nd set of firearms law review where they will go over licensing process.

  8. #158
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Mickey,
    Once again wrong.wrong, wrong on so many fronts. Name a terrorist that was arrested by Federal Police that wasn't a radicalised muslim wanting to hurt an Aussie.

    Islam believes only in one religion, Islam. All others, to them, are fake, unworthy...& should be eradicated according to the radicals. That is the core of the problem: they don't want to assimilate, they want to rule.

    Police reported during the Cronulla riots unrest that 2000 people gathered at the Lakemba mosque, standing room only with another 800 outside. It was reported some had Glock pistols....presumably these were not going to be used as prayer mats... The muslim leaders tried to calm the crowd. The police had 20 cars patrolling outside, to stop these people travelling to the beaches, presumably because the police knew that they were not planning on having a swim....

    Lakemba/Punchbowl is Middle Eastern/Muslim heartland in Sydney; there are streets that even the police are scared of visiting & only go there when they have re-inforcement. Cannot think of any other suburb or race of people where this happens. No problems with areas with high densities of Chinese, Italians, Irish, Catholics, Jews etc, etc.

    Riots & unrest in France & Germany, with large muslim populations. The French & Germans don't want to see their countries muslimised.

    Getting the picture now?

  9. #159
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    260

    Default

    To add to what Cluxford said:

    I think one of the reasons Trump has been successful is that unlike just about every other president before him, he came to be Pres with no baggage. He used his own money, not the Republican Party's money, to get elected; therefore had no 'favours' to repay when he got into office. He had a free hand & he used it. And he doesn't care if he steps on toes, because he knows 'friends' in Washington is a euphemism. President Harry Truman had a saying, 'If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog'. He was also the guy who had the sign on his desk, 'The buck stops here'.

  10. #160
    casual poster JaseQ314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Great South East
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hq308 View Post
    Pot meet Kettle, while the other bloke is getting his information from "Murdoch's Press" it seems you're getting yours from the ABC. I don't have a dog in this fight but you seem to lean as far to the left as you accuse the other bloke of leaning to the right. You both claim to know the "facts" when the reality is none of us truly know the "facts". Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it factual. Even if you read it at numerous sites, it could all be coming (incorrectly) from the same source.
    Great comment, very well said.

  11. #161
    Do you ever leave?
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    I'd like to know how he got a license too, part of the process requires 2 persons who are interviewed for the good character test which they generally prefer someone well known to you but he had no one locally as I understand it as they must be NZ based and his original character references where family not in NZ.

    This part of the Royal Commission probably also goes to the 2nd set of firearms law review where they will go over licensing process.
    From what I've heard you walk into NZ and show your gun license from another country, pay 30 bucks and bingo you've got a NZ gun license. I guess that will change.

  12. #162
    Do you ever leave? immortality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTaxi View Post
    From what I've heard you walk into NZ and show your gun license from another country, pay 30 bucks and bingo you've got a NZ gun license. I guess that will change.
    Yep but I believe it's only a temporary 12 month license. My understanding is it's for tourists that come here to hunt but the glaring loophole is that they are allowed to purchase firearms with a temporary license. Many hunters bring their own or hunt with a company/guides that can provide firearms so no need to purchase other than maybe ammunition.

  13. #163
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Raceview, qld, 4305
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Sadly I don't think there is any way possible for this event to not happen in the future. We can legislate all we like but the nutters will slip through. The question has to be asked, would any check that could have been done prevented him getting a licence and the the guns that he did? Even with the new laws there would be enough illegal weapons that someone in the know could get. We are fortunate that people that are like him are few and far between. Lets hope it stays that way.

  14. #164
    Do you ever leave? paulzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    15,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keith reed View Post
    We are fortunate that people that are like him are few and far between. Lets hope it stays that way.
    I dont know 1 person can do a hell of a lot of damage, and pile up the bodies if they are determined enough... I think there are a lot of people out there, extremists, radicals from all religions, belief systems just ready to go...

    You dont even need firearms, you can learn how to make explosives easy enough...

  15. #165
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Well this is one time I wish I was wrong, but my prediction of reprisals [ post 3 ] has been proved correct, with 290 dead in Sri Lanka, including two Aussies. I am afraid my post 119 also looks like being proved correct with not one muslim leader condemning these attacks on any news broadcast that I have heard. If the attack had been on Muslims, by say, a Catholic group, you would have heard the Pope & archbishops around the world condemning it. All we have from Muslim leaders so far is silence. George W. Bush said after 9/11: "Either with us...or...against us". You have to wonder what the silence is saying.....
    Maybe Pauline Hanson got it right...

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New from New Zealand
    By ProWB in forum Welcome posts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-05-2013, 09:48 AM
  2. gidday from new zealand
    By v6-surf in forum Welcome posts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-08-2009, 02:04 AM
  3. New Zealand Holiday
    By Shane-o in forum Photography
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-08-2008, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •