Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68
  1. #31
    Part of the furniture HJPrem75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gladstone QLD
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    I'm trying google photos at the moment. Not sure if they have a policy on hot linking, but seems to work fine. Easy to use especially if you already have a google account. Photos are easy to upload and organise. Only down side seems to be the image address you use for hot linking is very long. Currently uploading photos from my thread and will see how it goes.

  2. #32
    casual poster mousey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ormeau 4208
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Working fine for me

  3. #33
    Part of the furniture HJPrem75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gladstone QLD
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mousey View Post
    Working fine for me
    Probably only a matter of time. My account stayed working until a couple of days ago. Photobucket have disabled this feature, so your account will eventually stop working.

  4. #34
    Do you ever leave?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Darling Downs
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HJPrem75 View Post
    I'm trying google photos at the moment. Not sure if they have a policy on hot linking, but seems to work fine. Easy to use especially if you already have a google account. Photos are easy to upload and organise. Only down side seems to be the image address you use for hot linking is very long. Currently uploading photos from my thread and will see how it goes.
    I'm just going to wait awhile before I decide on which site to use, the yanks are recommending postimage and imgur.

  5. #35
    Do you ever leave? paulzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    15,966

    Default

    The cubeupload program i linked to earlier looked OK ...

  6. #36
    been here .......too long Smitty2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bayside Melbourne
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 75TNR View Post
    I'm just going to wait awhile before I decide on which site to use, the yanks are recommending postimage and imgur.
    my research has me leaning towards imgur at this stage (Gooogle and postimage running 2nd)
    __________________________________
    ONE OF THE Aussie V8 MODERATOR/ADMIN TEAM
    Never late in an AussieV8!
    Club circuit racing...the best fun you can have with your pants on

  7. #37
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I used to use photobucket, but wouldn't always work for me. Then moved onto Facebook for image hosting.

    Eventually changed to Imgur and all's been well for the last few years. It's very easy to use too.

  8. #38
    Do you ever leave? TRIKHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Taylors Lakes VIC
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    PB should allow all previous links to work to allow current threads to work properly and then in the future if you want to create a hotlink, must subscribe at reasonable costs.

    Doing a blanket block out forcing people to subscribe to get back all their hard work on various forums etc is in real poor taste. No wonder they are copping it from everywhere.

  9. #39
    casual poster hankhef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Pissed off!

  10. #40
    casual poster HQV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Logs on to Aussie V8 to catch up on all my favourite builds next minute Photobucket have ****ed everyone over not happy

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    lurking in the shadows
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRIKHQ View Post
    PB should allow all previous links to work to allow current threads to work properly and then in the future if you want to create a hotlink, must subscribe at reasonable costs.

    Doing a blanket block out forcing people to subscribe to get back all their hard work on various forums etc is in real poor taste. No wonder they are copping it from everywhere.
    It's extortion but relying on a free service can bite you on the arse sometimes.

    The initial pricing probably caught businesses, it will drop for the desperate, then it will drop again for the inconvenienced.

    I can also see a model where forum owners pay a fee to allow third party hosting using PB since forums everywhere are largely ****ed with threads full of nothing.

  12. #42
    Do you ever leave? paulzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    15,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
    forums everywhere are largely ****ed with threads full of nothing.
    They are f-cked anyway, facebook took over most of them ....

  13. #43
    casual poster HQV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulzig View Post
    They are f-cked anyway, facebook took over most of them ....
    This is unfortunately way too true

  14. #44
    dno
    dno is offline
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    vic
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I come across a hack for photophuket.

    Just add ~original to the end of the link and it works! (before the [/img])

  15. #45
    Do you ever leave? immortality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Nice.

    I wonder how long before they figure it out and block it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My photobucket button has fallen off ???
    By vsd in forum Images & Videos
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 12:03 AM
  2. photobucket
    By evil_ss in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-11-2005, 06:59 PM
  3. pic and vid hosting
    By SpLiT in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-01-2005, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •