Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Senior Member RSA350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Oz
    Posts
    772

    Default

    If you are interested in doing an apprenticeship BHP are doing their 2014 intake shortly. There are FIFO opportunities as well, check out this link --> BHP Billiton - Job details

    -Ads

  2. #17
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Port hedland
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I know this is not the the topic on this thread but FIFO apprenticeships, now I have seen it all, I can only assume it might be targeted a mature age candidates?

    As for FIFO in general, I already have my opinion of that Adam!

  3. #18
    Do you ever leave? DHOGES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSA350 View Post
    If you are interested in doing an apprenticeship BHP are doing their 2014 intake shortly. There are FIFO opportunities as well, check out this link --> BHP Billiton - Job details

    -Ads
    Thanks a lot for the heads up Ads but unfortunately if I start an apprenticeship it will void the traineeship I'm lined up to start sometime next year.
    Unfortunately, the only information I've been given about my possible start of this traineeship is "most likely October" so I need to keep working until then.
    It really sucks, but a lot of people go through this bullshit and everyone I know tells me I have to hang in there.

    I've been unemployed a week now, due to work drying up. Not stressing but I would love to go back to work.

    I've applied for a few jobs and I'm constantly looking for potential vacancies but there isn't a lot of work out there for an "unskilled" worker

    Thanks again guys, if you see something that'll suit me please let me know.

    I'm also happy to work 4/1 now that I'm unemployed and don't have any other option.

  4. #19
    Senior Member RSA350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Oz
    Posts
    772

    Default

    No worries dhoges, saw their ads and thought of this thead and you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grnstuff View Post
    I know this is not the the topic on this thread but FIFO apprenticeships, now I have seen it all, I can only assume it might be targeted a mature age candidates?

    As for FIFO in general, I already have my opinion of that Adam!
    Hi mate, I'm only guessing but I would say the fifo posi's would be out at the mines. There's a separate intake for Hedland I think.

    I reckon we probably have some of the same views on fifo too mate.

  5. #20
    Do you ever leave? DHOGES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSA350 View Post
    No worries dhoges, saw their ads and thought of this thead and you.
    I passed that information onto my friend. He's a bit older than me and has been building sheds and patios and been a labourer for some time now and wants to get out of it and get a formal qualification but can't afford to do an apprenticeship locally as the income wouldn't be enough to pay off his mortgage.

    Hopefully he takes my advice and applies. He would make a good fitter.

    I've applied for a job on Barrow, hopefully I hear something back soon.

  6. #21
    casual poster ovaxitd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    121

    Default

    fair bit of competition. i made it to barrow for this as mature entry and 3 jobs going 5 people taken to island, the 3 people who got the job were already trade qualified in other roles and all mid 20's and thats for fitter job... us other 2 were 5 years supervisor possy offshore...

  7. #22
    Part of the furniture
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    geelong
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    try forge group mate, im with them at the moment in Newman as a advanced scaffolder. Apparantly they have a fair bit of work going on. Roster is 4-1 which sucks and the money aint the greatest but it's a job till better jobs kick off! plus there paying for my flights to and from victoria which is a bonus!

  8. #23
    Do you ever leave? DHOGES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan350 View Post
    try forge group mate, im with them at the moment in Newman as a advanced scaffolder. Apparantly they have a fair bit of work going on. Roster is 4-1 which sucks and the money aint the greatest but it's a job till better jobs kick off! plus there paying for my flights to and from victoria which is a bonus!
    Thanks Ryan. I'll check them out for vacancies.

  9. #24
    Do you ever leave? Hqtunna4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Beijing, Alaska
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DHOGES View Post
    Thanks a lot for the heads up Ads but unfortunately if I start an apprenticeship it will void the traineeship I'm lined up to start sometime next year.
    Unfortunately, the only information I've been given about my possible start of this traineeship is "most likely October" so I need to keep working until then.
    Why are you better off with the possible traineeship than an actual apprenticeship?? This doesnt really make alot of sense to me. Wouldnt you be better off applying for everything?

    Just wondering why, i might have missed the reason in a previous post though.
    A minute of thinking can save hours of doing

  10. #25
    Do you ever leave? DHOGES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hqtunna4me View Post
    Why are you better off with the possible traineeship than an actual apprenticeship?? This doesnt really make alot of sense to me. Wouldnt you be better off applying for everything?

    Just wondering why, i might have missed the reason in a previous post though.
    Every older tradesman and supervisor I have spoken to have all said that I should focus on this traineeship as it is where a lot of the tradesmen want to be and a quicker way into a management role.

    When I first applied for the traineeship, I had applied for a lot of apprenticeships as well.

    I've already been told I've got this traineeship, I'm just waiting for a start date which is sometime towards the end of next year.

    It's a bit of a shit situation, I was meant to start the traineeship this year but it has been put off till next year now.

    There's no point me applying for apprenticeships when I can't start them anyway. If this traineeship goes out the window for some unforeseen reason then I'll be applying for apprenticeships again and be incredibly pissed off.

  11. #26
    Do you ever leave? DHOGES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    I'm still looking for solid work.
    I'm going up to Cloudbreak for a shutdown for a few swings, but I'm not sure if there will be work elsewhere after that.

  12. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1

    Default

    355TURBO are your employers looking for a qualified fitter, 30yrs experiance, live in Melb ? Been retrenched,would love to work fifo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. really keen for my first 308 rebuild
    By Smokin 308 in forum Holden V8's
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-04-2013, 11:56 PM
  2. Advanced scaffolder looking for work FIFO Prefered
    By ryan350 in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-02-2013, 05:53 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
  4. Anyone keen to chop my wb ute?
    By Deville_5L in forum Photochops
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •