Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    33

    Default Best Manifold for FI on Holden 5ltr

    Hey guys,

    Iv been recomended to run a TP H/R single plain on my 355 stroker for FI (supercharged). I just want everyone elses thoughts? High rise, low rise, dual plain or single? Its all under bonnet of a vn i worked out that clearance issues wont be a problem with what i want to do.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by ProchargedAusV8; 11-07-2009 at 10:51 AM.

  2. #2
    OMR346 pumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    For forced induction, go a COME twin throttle body manifold
    Quote Originally Posted by cbkey View Post
    negative bunch...you never see me saying anything negative..

  3. #3
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    For forced induction, go a COME twin throttle body manifold
    I was going to but every one has done that, tryin to be diferent + the price is

  4. #4
    OMR346 pumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    Yea they have been done many times, but that is becuase they are proven. And yes, they are a bit pricey, arnt they lol. The hi-rise setup would be good, but how hard is it to set up with forced induction? AS for being under the bonnet, i highly dought that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbkey View Post
    negative bunch...you never see me saying anything negative..

  5. #5
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    Yea they have been done many times, but that is becuase they are proven. And yes, they are a bit pricey, arnt they lol. The hi-rise setup would be good, but how hard is it to set up with forced induction? AS for being under the bonnet, i highly dought that.
    Its very possible! Its all about TB Type and Filter Location

  6. #6
    Do you ever leave? paulzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    15,377

    Default

    For the best part of 2 gees that they cost I'd like to prove them wrong LOL ...

  7. #7
    Part of the furniture Williamz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    991

    Default

    What charger you using?
    Torque is how many horses you have. Power is how fast they can run.

  8. #8
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    sth east vic
    Posts
    288

    Default

    it depends on the type of super charger you're using. as pumba said, come twins would be the way id go. they popular for a reason.
    EUROPOINT PRESTIGE
    9762 0445
    3 holloway dr. bayswater 3153

  9. #9
    And Justice For All...... pungent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    cowra
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Depending on what you want to acheive the price of a manifold, throttlebody and a centrifugal style supercharger can and will probably cost you up to $10 000+

    The yella terra basic kit thats bolt on and under bonnet including manifold are about $6000 and run 10psi.
    There bigger kit is around $8000 and still fit's under the bonnett including manifold as well.

    Just a couple of option's that will fit under the bonnet.
    All I do is put it in neutral and rev like bam bam bam bam bam bam and then select D for maximum respect!!!!

    94 VR 5.0 Commodore- 8.75 1/8th mile with mrs driving
    03 WR450- 8.47 1/8th mile
    REAPER R1 modbike - 6.15 1/8th mile 9.63@137mph 1/4 street ridden.
    08 VE SSV 6.0 ute daily

  10. #10
    Senior Member ProVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Traralgon
    Posts
    732

    Default

    I would be sticking with a single plane intake manifold as i believe you will get a more even air distribution with that, the come manifold will run the front cylinders richer than the rears as the air speed into the plenum will race past the front cylinders and favor the rears.

  11. #11
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    sth east vic
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProVK View Post
    I would be sticking with a single plane intake manifold as i believe you will get a more even air distribution with that, the come manifold will run the front cylinders richer than the rears as the air speed into the plenum will race past the front cylinders and favor the rears.


    very good point ^^^^
    EUROPOINT PRESTIGE
    9762 0445
    3 holloway dr. bayswater 3153

  12. #12
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Williamz View Post
    What charger you using?
    It will be running an F-1 or F-1R Procharger.

  13. #13
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pungent View Post
    Depending on what you want to acheive the price of a manifold, throttlebody and a centrifugal style supercharger can and will probably cost you up to $10 000+

    The yella terra basic kit thats bolt on and under bonnet including manifold are about $6000 and run 10psi.
    There bigger kit is around $8000 and still fit's under the bonnett including manifold as well.

    Just a couple of option's that will fit under the bonnet.
    Im not too keen on the yella terra kits mainly due to the intercooling of the kit, i think a centrifugal supercharger would be the way to go in terms of cooling the charged air and power potential in the later stages. Ive budgeted 15-20k over 3 years so doing something different shouldnt be a problem.

  14. #14
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProVK View Post
    I would be sticking with a single plane intake manifold as i believe you will get a more even air distribution with that, the come manifold will run the front cylinders richer than the rears as the air speed into the plenum will race past the front cylinders and favor the rears.
    Iv heard of this problem however people running this setup are still making really good power and dont seem to be too fussed, however its another reason i want to use a carb type manifold. What are your thoughts on a TP dual plain hi-rise manifold for this? It gives me an extra 11/4" of clearance over the single plain hi-rise, then i may not need to use a group a bonnet bulge.
    Last edited by ProchargedAusV8; 11-07-2009 at 02:29 PM.

  15. #15
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProchargedAusV8 View Post
    I was going to but every one has done that, tryin to be diferent + the price is
    If you guys didnt know come are selling alot of their stock off on ebay. Their manifolds have been going for about 2.2 with the snorkle. If you get a tp manifold for efi and a throttle body to go with it plus pipe work, i dont know if there would be much of a difference in price. Fair enuf that you want something different though. It will be good to see. How much power you planning on making?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. V8 Holden Efi Manifolds Compared
    By Mr AFE in forum Holden V8's
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-05-2016, 04:00 PM
  2. SA: Starr Manifold, TB & CAI For Holden 5ltr
    By ProchargedAusV8 in forum For Sale Items
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 07:49 AM
  3. Holden - Customer Assistance
    By Rod in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
  4. 2 barrel manifold suit holden red 6 cylinder
    By Tinman in forum For Sale Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-04-2007, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •