Page 151 of 154 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2297
  1. #2251
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    It was a busy week & weekend, not much to show for it but lol

    First up was making the brackets for the MasterCell, leaves a 15mm gap behind it so all the wires come from behind it (through the back of the glovebox) & plug in


    Next was workout the mounting of the EFI brains, this is mounted behind the passenger side cover (connects to console & goes to the firewall)




    Look through the radio hole (middle plug from the Engine, top on is for the controller)


    Then to workout where I can put the controller, first up... you guessed it, a bracket / holder lol




    And what better place than the glovebox lol


    The cable comes in the top & allows enough to play with it comfortably

  2. #2252
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Next up was the Motor Control module (for power windows, actuators, etc) you teach the output for each motor & it monitors the current.

    First up would be working out the mounting & of course another bloody bracket... This one is mounted to the left & behind the glovebox, where the side kick boards go. I need it out of the way & also to be removed to work on (if needed)

    So, 2 brackets it is... lol The one on the right will get welded to the body & the other slides up, locks into the top & the bottom bolt holds it in place.


    Together


    MotorCell mounted


    Held in place, picture of finished install coming you can see the glovebox on the right, cab side on the left & fat hand in the middle lol
    Last edited by Andy2560; 22-08-2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: text

  3. #2253
    Senior Member grahamjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Double check that you have plenty of space for the wiring loom connectors to be fitted/removed from the modules when they are in situ Andy.......it is a PITA to reposition things later.

  4. #2254
    casual poster hankhef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Just catching up with this build Andy. It is by far the best I've read on here! I love the grill and can't wait to see it chromed. The dash is looking schmicko. Can't wait to see what design you've got in mind with the wooden tray... Must be a great feeling putting the wiring in. Your getting closer and closer mate. Well done.

    Hank

  5. #2255
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Hi Graham,

    Yep, I checked that one out. I have approx. 10-15mm clearance, got a pic somewhere. Thanks for double checking mate

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamjb View Post
    Double check that you have plenty of space for the wiring loom connectors to be fitted/removed from the modules when they are in situ Andy.......it is a PITA to reposition things later.

  6. #2256
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Thanks mate,

    Thank you for the kind words, makes me very happy people like how its coming together

    Its a fantastic feeling, closer & closer every week..

    Quote Originally Posted by hankhef View Post
    Just catching up with this build Andy. It is by far the best I've read on here! I love the grill and can't wait to see it chromed. The dash is looking schmicko. Can't wait to see what design you've got in mind with the wooden tray... Must be a great feeling putting the wiring in. Your getting closer and closer mate. Well done.

    Hank

  7. #2257
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    88

    Default

    hi andy have u got anymore done on your tray .
    and when can u build me 1 like it lol

  8. #2258
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ballarat
    Posts
    5

    Default

    After a long day reading I have only a few things to say.

    As a guy about to start his first project in 20 years this thread gives me both inspiration and a feeling of sheer terror!!

    Your work is of the highest quality and makes me feel that I am completely out of my depth.

    You seem to have forgotten more than I will ever know and just the attention to detail makes me want to hide in my shed and dream of what could have been, but on the other hand it makes me want to try to take on jobs I had previously planned to pass on.

    Thank you for such detail in your build, as it has given me ideas of how to do jobs I had been considering as too hard for me.

    Milo

  9. #2259
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Hi jimmy,

    Tray is complete other than paint, came out better than I expected

    Lol, I'd be happy to build one but I'm not sure you'd like the price or the timing, it would be after the car is finished lol

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy383 View Post
    hi andy have u got anymore done on your tray .
    and when can u build me 1 like it lol

  10. #2260
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Hi Milosz,

    Thanks mate, I hope inspire people just as other on here have inspired me.

    Anyone can do anything mate, it might take a little longer & a couple of go's but you'll get there as long as you don't give up... My suggestion is stay away from modifying body work unit you confident or it could get really expensive. Practice on making with cheap sheet metal items you'd like, this way it only metal & time.

    The more you do the more you learn, I say go for it what have you got to lose

    If the items I post help people, I'm a happy man.... This is what this forum is all about, home builders having a go & helping people exceed their goals.

    If you have any questions, just ask & I'll try to help were I can.. Every build is different, I'm hoping mine will mix it up against the guys that spend crazy $$ through shops & show you can build quality out of your shed/backyard. But at the end of the day, it's for me & everything I like..

    Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
    After a long day reading I have only a few things to say.

    As a guy about to start his first project in 20 years this thread gives me both inspiration and a feeling of sheer terror!!

    Your work is of the highest quality and makes me feel that I am completely out of my depth.

    You seem to have forgotten more than I will ever know and just the attention to detail makes me want to hide in my shed and dream of what could have been, but on the other hand it makes me want to try to take on jobs I had previously planned to pass on.

    Thank you for such detail in your build, as it has given me ideas of how to do jobs I had been considering as too hard for me.

    Milo

  11. #2261
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2560 View Post
    Hi jimmy,

    Tray is complete other than paint, came out better than I expected

    Lol, I'd be happy to build one but I'm not sure you'd like the price or the timing, it would be after the car is finished lol
    can u throw up some pics of it for me please , what sort of $$$ ,i own a powder coating biz maybe we can do some swap work deals lol , 0452639436 is the work mobil give us a call ,maybe u can text me a few pics and il give it a try myself lol
    thanks Andy

  12. #2262
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Won't put up the pictures until after the cars finished, it's one of the things I'm keeping to myself. Sorry mate.

    Happy to work through some ideas with you, I'll flick you msg shortly.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy383 View Post
    can u throw up some pics of it for me please , what sort of $$$ ,i own a powder coating biz maybe we can do some swap work deals lol , 0452639436 is the work mobil give us a call ,maybe u can text me a few pics and il give it a try myself lol
    thanks Andy

  13. #2263
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2560 View Post
    Won't put up the pictures until after the cars finished, it's one of the things I'm keeping to myself. Sorry mate.

    Happy to work through some ideas with you, I'll flick you msg shortly.
    ok that would be great andy thanks heaps , u can text me some ideas if like 0452 639 436
    im just about up to my tray with my tonner so that would be perfect

  14. #2264
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Annangrove
    Posts
    6

    Default

    After 2 days of reading, i'm astounded by the amount of work you've put into your car mate. Only one day hoping a can teach myself a lot of this fab work to work on my hz wagon that needs some work.

    When I first started reading I thought you would have been done by now but it seems you still have many more things to do. I can't wait to see how this thing ends up.

    Josh

  15. #2265
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Hi jimmy,

    Sorry about the late reply, been busy selling & buying a new place. I'm msg you in the next few days now most is sorted.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy383 View Post
    ok that would be great andy thanks heaps , u can text me some ideas if like 0452 639 436
    im just about up to my tray with my tonner so that would be perfect

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HJ One Tonner Re-Build.
    By TheQTonner in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 05:57 AM
  2. wb one tonner 355 build
    By POP-355 in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
  3. Hz Tonner Build
    By da_royalla_rebel in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-10-2010, 12:04 PM
  4. my hx tonner build.
    By dbassett in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-07-2010, 07:57 PM
  5. HQ tonner build
    By HQtonnerTC in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •