Page 103 of 154 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2298
  1. #1531
    casual poster gaff3rp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2560 View Post
    Unfortunetly I won't be showing them until after its first show, just so people can't copy them lol
    You have shared so much on here, a few secrets up your sleeve are well earned.

    Bumper will look good once it's rechromed.

  2. #1532
    Do you ever leave?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Darling Downs
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    F r l.

    Sorry Andy, somehow tapatalk posted this post while it was in my pocket. Very weird??
    Last edited by 75TNR; 23-11-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: explanation for stupid post???

  3. #1533
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaff3rp View Post
    You have shared so much on here, a few secrets up your sleeve are well earned.

    Bumper will look good once it's rechromed.
    Thanks mate.

    Its pretty stuffed on the inside, I might get another one. I'll speak to the chrome guy & see what he thinks.

  4. #1534
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 75TNR View Post
    F r l.

    Sorry Andy, somehow tapatalk posted this post while it was in my pocket. Very weird??
    Bloody phones.. all good mate

  5. #1535
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Well today was fun in 40 odd degree heat, progress was slow but still progress lol

    Started on the spioler frame work, not completely sold on so I'll work on the bonnet until I sort it out.
    It's 7" off the deck at the lowest piont (middle) Milk crate is gound level.

    The pictures are a little misleading, the middle of the spoiler is in line with the bumper. The pics make it look like its sticking out much further.









    Finished the supports & dropped her back on the deck






    Last edited by Andy2560; 23-11-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Add text

  6. #1536
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    It looks a bit odd without it filled in.

    Just some other pics





  7. #1537
    Part of the furniture HJPrem75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gladstone QLD
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Nice work Andy, love the look of the tightened in bumper. I would love to get mine done, but that might have to wait until I get it back on the road. I'm intrigued now to see what you've got planned for the spoiler.

  8. #1538
    Senior Member CherryBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Morington Peninsula
    Posts
    573

    Default

    At first. I would have said, to bring it back in an inch inch half maybe to pull the proportions into line. Now maybe its ok??

    Cut some card and tape it over your wire frame to give you a 3D perspective on where your at Andy. All for the idea too.


    Dan

  9. #1539
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HJPrem75 View Post
    Nice work Andy, love the look of the tightened in bumper. I would love to get mine done, but that might have to wait until I get it back on the road. I'm intrigued now to see what you've got planned for the spoiler.
    Thanks Brad, it neatened it up & looked heaps better.

  10. #1540
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
    At first. I would have said, to bring it back in an inch inch half maybe to pull the proportions into line. Now maybe its ok??

    Cut some card and tape it over your wire frame to give you a 3D perspective on where your at Andy. All for the idea too.


    Dan
    Hi dan, thanks for your ideas.

    I understand what you mean, that was the plan I pick up come thin cardboard today.

    There will be some addition items in the middle section which will make it look shorter.

    the renderings look really good, it's as you say getting proportions looking in line the rest of the front end.

  11. #1541
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Okie Dokie, I covered the spoiler with paper. not the best but will do lol

    Imagine a section in the middle, as wide as the grill & takes up half the height of the spoiler.

    This will make it look smaller than it is in the middle, I wont say what but you can use your imagination.

    The finished height is approx 7" (but will be an 1" lower at some point)


    It currently sits back around 1" from the front of the bumper, which has been moved back around 3/4"








    Last edited by Andy2560; 24-11-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Add text

  12. #1542
    casual poster gaff3rp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    352

    Default

    The spoiler gives me flashbacks of your dash in bare metal.
    Very Mad Max.
    Awesome
    Just need some spikes, a scull on your air filter and some gun racks.

  13. #1543
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I'm not sure if the car is really lower compaired to others, but the bonnet will be approx 800mm from the ground & the roof is at my chest height (I'm around 6')

    It looks really low..



    The lowest point under the car is 5" & that the mufflers & the forwards strut supports are approx 1/2" higher.

  14. #1544
    Do you ever leave? Andy2560's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaff3rp View Post
    The spoiler gives me flashbacks of your dash in bare metal.
    Very Mad Max.
    Awesome
    Just need some spikes, a scull on your air filter and some gun racks.


    Thanks mate, there is heaps of other items to go into it & should brake it up a bit..

    LOL, not quite the look I'm going for but I get your drift lol

  15. #1545
    Senior Member CherryBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Morington Peninsula
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2560 View Post
    Okie Dokie, I covered the spoiler with paper. not the best but will do lol

    Imagine a section in the middle, as wide as the grill & takes up half the height of the spoiler.

    This will make it look smaller than it is in the middle, I wont say what but you can use your imagination.







    HmmmYeeeaaaahhhh??????

    I like the Air Dam thinking.. Like it plenty.
    Not sure where your heads at on where your at with this concept yet? However, Just a suggestion. If I may. The Inner fenders are done... Now you need to turn your attention away from those flowing bulbous curves and perceive the Exteriors square form and how it blends its form around... You'd planned to add an English wheel to the tool room yeah? lol

    Its you build Man. So what, where and how is your doing.
    I think it needs a little more....... tweaking. (If it wasn't already planned)

    Dan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HJ One Tonner Re-Build.
    By TheQTonner in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 06:57 AM
  2. wb one tonner 355 build
    By POP-355 in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
  3. Hz Tonner Build
    By da_royalla_rebel in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-10-2010, 01:04 PM
  4. my hx tonner build.
    By dbassett in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-07-2010, 08:57 PM
  5. HQ tonner build
    By HQtonnerTC in forum Conversions, Rebuilds & Project Cars
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •