Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Part of the furniture PIT-308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    1,323

    Angry Aussie desert cooler radiator (not happy)

    I bought a 4 core triple flow for my 308 vb commo from aussie desert coolers last year b4 powercruise and i have had nothing but trouble with it! When i got the radiator i went to put it in to find that the locating pins on the bottom had been welded on back the front and there was something floating around in it that i couldnt get out so i sent it back, while its was gone i looked at my receipt to find they over charged me which they returned after a phone call. When i got the rad back there was still something in it which they told me over the phone not to worry about, now i have not driven the car since powercruise last year and i jus started it up as i have fitted a new inlet to find that one of the tanks is leaking. Ill tell ya what IM NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!! has anyone else had drama's with there product?

  2. #2
    Should be banned...again! Schnoook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Hey mate, give Norm a buzz, let him know. He's a good guy. He'll probably exchange it or sort something out. I've had 3 of his radiators and never a problem. He's not a villian, he'll probably help you out more than you think.

  3. #3
    casual poster pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Norm seems like a nice bloke, but gets shit wrong. The radiator I ordered was for a WB with a Holden V8, as that's what the piping was set up for, even though the motor in the car was an LS1. When I got the radiator, over a week late, it was set up for an LS1 so I had to change all my piping. Not to mention the welds look fuccking average.

    But it works well enough so I'm not too fussed.

  4. #4
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tas
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Yeah mate I have just had a major problem with them when ordering a radiator for my EH.First I called and stated I needed a radiator to suit an eh with rb30.He told me that they do make one especially for this conversion which I had already seen on a mates eh and was happy with that.They ended up sending me one for eh with a red motor I thought ok these mistakes happen lets try again.Second attempt I sent some measurements as to where I wanted the outlets so they send me another complete stuff up with the outlets nowhere near where I wanted them and to make the whole thing worse it never even had any mounting brackets on it.
    In the end I decided to just modify it myself and be done with it.Was the biggest waste of $450 I have ever spent.
    SO yeah mate I know how you feel I will never by from them again.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 323ci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    725

    Default

    yep, had a alloy one while back and they are junk!
    stay clear

  6. #6
    Part of the furniture PIT-308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    1,323

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by 323ci View Post
    yep, had a alloy one while back and they are junk!
    stay clear
    Looks like everything that is advertised in street machine is JUNK and oh yea the mag has turned to JUNK too. For those who say he is a nice guy, i dont really care i dont want to be his friend i just wanted a product that i payed for but i gave him a second chance that i think everyone deserves and he still fuucked up so ill steer everyone i can clear of them!!

    Ill pull it out tomorrow and get the tanks taken off and whatever is floating around in it taken out then maybe someone who knows how to weld can put the tanks back on

  7. #7
    IN CUBES WE TRUST 1BADSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,770

    Default

    I personally have not had an Aussie desert cooler radiator (thank God) but I lived through it with a Mate, known on here as DR EVIL. He bought the top of the range Burnout King and had nothing but issues. At the Nats we could not even do one lap around the cruise track without pulling up to cool the radiator down, poring water over it while the fans ran. Norm did seem to want to help and gave Dave a new set of larger fans at the Nat's but they did not help at all, he then invested in an electronic water pump, it looked phat as but did not help much. The fact was the radiator was crap. He sold the Aussie desert cooler radiator and fitted a Race Radiators radiator and has not looked back, it works awesome. His blown 383 cruises on the road in the heat without any issues. I would suggest if you are looking at buying a Aussie desert cooler radiator, you don't!!!
    That is a sweet noise you got there man, I had you picked clear across the valley............



  8. #8
    Do you ever leave? tonnergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisy south
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    I was looking at investing in one this year for my ute.. a pm later and a few googles and i've come up with nothing but bad results, though no one ever says anything over the net that'd be a good review lol.. If funds are kind to me this year i've priced one from PRW, if not then i'll get the one i've got recored
    Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good.
    Luckily, this is not difficult.

  9. #9
    Part of the furniture PIT-308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADSS View Post
    I personally have not had an Aussie desert cooler radiator (thank God) but I lived through it with a Mate, known on here as DR EVIL. He bought the top of the range Burnout King and had nothing but issues. At the Nats we could not even do one lap around the cruise track without pulling up to cool the radiator down, poring water over it while the fans ran. Norm did seem to want to help and gave Dave a new set of larger fans at the Nat's but they did not help at all, he then invested in an electronic water pump, it looked phat as but did not help much. The fact was the radiator was crap. He sold the Aussie desert cooler radiator and fitted a Race Radiators radiator and has not looked back, it works awesome. His blown 383 cruises on the road in the heat without any issues. I would suggest if you are looking at buying a Aussie desert cooler radiator, you don't!!!
    doesnt sound good for me then does it lol yea i had a very old 3 core rad and swapped to this triple flow 4 core, keeps it cooler for longer but once it gets over 185f there is no bringing it down

  10. #10
    casual poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tas
    Posts
    46

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by PIT-308 View Post
    Looks like everything that is advertised in street machine is JUNK and oh yea the mag has turned to JUNK too. For those who say he is a nice guy, i dont really care i dont want to be his friend i just wanted a product that i payed for but i gave him a second chance that i think everyone deserves and he still fuucked up so ill steer everyone i can clear of them!!

    Ill pull it out tomorrow and get the tanks taken off and whatever is floating around in it taken out then maybe someone who knows how to weld can put the tanks back on
    Well Said PIT

  11. #11
    QUACK QUACK Finalphase111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    591

    Default

    they aint as good as made out to be, thats for sure.
    if you go to just about every forum in australia, you will see a thread that has something to do with one of these radiators, and its usually a whinge at that.
    oh well, another thing that makes our hobby just a little bit harder and just a bit more frustrating..

  12. #12
    254RWHP boat anchor EVL253's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    bathurst
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    i had one of theri 3 row triple flows.absolute peice of shit.top strap come off.started chronically overheating something rattling around inside it.sent it back they said it was full of shit.still said that when i told em it always had a tefba radiator filter on it.supposedly got lose in post with their alloy fan shroud that didnt fit.payed difference in the 2 to get allow one had to shorten side mounts otherwise its ok and works fine but never again
    I love Prius drivers cause I need their share of the fuel supply!

  13. #13
    Do you ever leave?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Childers Qld
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    OK, now, who's good, real soon I'll be needing a custom alloy rad & looking for a good one

  14. #14
    Senior Member 323ci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    725

    Default

    why alloy?

  15. #15
    Senior Member yella1ton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    mt gambier
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Try Just alloy radiators they make custom. And they reasonably priced to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Aussie Desert cooler alloy radiator, thermos and hoses
    By BENT 8 in forum For Sale Items
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-02-2010, 04:23 PM
  2. aussie desert cooler
    By misy in forum For Sale Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-03-2009, 09:14 AM
  3. alloy radiator - pwr or aussie desser cooler?
    By SS355 in forum Holden V8's
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 09:01 PM
  4. happy aussie day
    By mark in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •